About this Event
Graduate Admissions at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) is pleased to host this event in San Diego (CA) for prospective graduate students, educators or professionals.
We welcome anyone interested in learning about SVA’s graduate programs, how to prepare an application and the Manhattan campus experience! This event can benefit those that know graduate school is definitely in their future as well as those curious about graduate study at SVA.
This is an in-person event where you can meet with Graduate Admissions staff, discuss your interests and pick up some SVA swag! Please plan to arrive by 6:30pm to check-in with our staff, enjoy some SVA videos, ask questions and pick up materials. The presentation will start promptly at 7:00pm; it will include information about our campus, the graduate programs we offer, the application process and how to get in touch with your department(s) of interest after the event. Following the presentation, there will be plenty of time for guests to ask additional questions before the program concludes at 8:30pm.
There are many benefits for attending:
- Get tips about SVA's graduate application process.
- Meet Graduate Admissions staff.
- Receive an application fee waiver for 2024 entry. ($80 value)
- 2024 APPLICATION FEE WAIVER: One graduate application fee waiver will be awarded to each attendee after the conclusion of the event. The waiver will be applied to the email address used to register for this event. It is important to use the same email address consistently throughout the entire SVA graduate application process.
- DIRECTIONS: This event will take place in classroom 321 (third floor) and there will be signage to direct guests to the room.
- PARKING: Please be advised that parking in the area will be impacted as there is another large event scheduled to take place in this venue that evening. While we can provide suggestions, guests are responsible for securing their own parking and choosing the option that works best for them. Parking may be available at Park & Market for $10 per parking space. Street parking and nearby parking garages are also available. The venue typically sends overflow parking to the Padres Parkade (440 Eleventh Ave, San Diego, CA 92101).
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION: The Park & Market trolley stop is also adjacent to the main entrance of the venue.
- ACCESS: SVA wants to ensure persons with disabilities have access to this event. If you are a person with a disability who requires accommodations to access or participate in this event, please email SVA Graduate Admissions [[email protected]] or SVA Disability Resources [[email protected]] at least 7 business days prior to the event.
SVA offers 21 graduate arts programs, including practice-based MFA, MPS and MAT programs, as well as MA programs, taught by our internationally renowned faculty. SVA's location in New York City and its state-of-the-art facilities offer graduate students exceptional opportunities for advanced studies in the arts.
- MA Art Education
- MAT Art Education
- MFA Art Practice (low residency program)
- MPS Art Therapy
- MPS Branding (in-person and online programs)
- MFA Computer Arts
- MA Curatorial Practice
- MFA Design
- MFA Design for Social Innovation
- MA Design Research, Writing and Criticism
- MPS Digital Photography
- MPS Fashion Photography
- MPS Film Directing
- MFA Fine Arts
- MFA Illustration as Visual Essay
- MFA Interaction Design
- MFA Photography, Video & Related Media
- MFA Products of Design
- MFA Social Documentary Film
- MFA Visual Narrative (low residency program)
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
UC San Diego Park & Market, 1100 Market Street, Fl 3, Rm 321, San Diego, United States