About this Event
Calling woodworkers of all levels with a dream project! The high-end coffee table that doesn’t quite fit your home. The storage solution you can’t find in stores. An army of custom bottle openers to give away to your party guests perhaps? If you’ll need multiple classes to craft that vision we’ve created a package just for you!
Purchase an Open Shop Super Builder Ticket and save. The Super Builder Ticket is a 4 class pass for the price of 3. The Super Builder Ticket allows the holder access to all open shop classes for 60 days from the date of purchase. After purchase of your Super Builder ticket, go to the open shop event and register for your preferred 4 dates with your Super Builder code (that you receive via email)! You can find the open shop event through the link below:
***Date on Super Builder ticket does not refer to a specific open shop (date on this event refers only to the end of ticket sales). Dates available in open shop event, purchase of a Super Builder ticket does not register you for any open shop date.
Don't know what an open shop is? Let us explain...
Consider yourself a real Ron Swanson but no room to have your own workshop? Use ours! We are proud to offer Open Shop, where you’ll have 3 hours to work on whatever tickles your fancy (all projects subject to instructor approval).
We welcome all skills levels but strongly suggest that you take 1 or 2 introductory workshops with us first before venturing out on your own! Instructors will assist you in your project, but they will not make your project for you.
Our instructors will be there to show you how to use the equipment, supervise to make sure you leave with all your fingers and toes, and provide direction if you need an expert opinion. However, we cannot guarantee that your project will be finished in only 3 hours. Arrangements can be made to store your materials here, if you need to come back to finish up at another Open Shop session.
***After registering for open shop, please email [email protected] to let us know what you will be working on in the class. A list of tools/equipment available for use during open shop are provided below.
Materials are not included in the price of Open Shop, but we are happy to offer a 20% discount for materials purchased in our warehouse. We recommend showing up an hour early to pick out materials and prepare to work.
STUDENT SAFETY DURING COVID
Your safety is our highest priority at Rebuilding Exchange, so we have put safety protocols in place for all of our in-person workshops to keep everyone safe. Those protocols are:
- Reduced class sizes (no more than 6 participants per class).
- All instructors, assistants, and participants will be required to wear masks while attending workshops (we do not have enough masks to provide to everyone, so you will be required to provide your own mask).
- Instructors and participants may be required to have their temperature taken (using a touchless thermometer) prior to the start of the class.
- Social distancing will be implemented when possible and appropriate.
- Breaks will be provided during the class for handwashing.
- Everyone should follow recommended safety precautions, such as coughing into your elbow and refraining from touching their face.
- All of the tools, equipment, door handles, cabinet and drawer handles, etc. that are touched will be disinfected both before and after the workshop.
Below is the list of approved tools for Open Shop.
- Rockwell 10” Table Saw - Unisaw (instructor use only)
- Rockwell 12/14” Tilting Arbor Saw (instructor use only)
- Powermatic 15” Planer 15s
- Delta 12” Planer 22-560
- Delta 8” Jointer DJ-20
- Delta 6” Jointer 37-196
- Rockwell Drill Press 15-665
- Delta Drill Press 17-900
- Dewalt Compound Mitre Saw DW718
- Jet Lathe JML-1014
- Rockwell Bandsaw 28-340
- Delta Bandsaw BS220LS
- Delta Stationary Sander
- Rockwell Scroll Saw 62-166
- Porter Cable Router Table
- Skill 7 ¼” Circular Saw
- Dewalt Jig Saw
- 8-Makita Cordless Drills
- 3-Dewalt 4” Orbital Sanders
- 2- Dewalt Angle Grinder
- Porter Cable 18 GA Nail Gun and Compressor
- Porter Cable 23 GA Pin Nailer
- Hand Planes
- Tenon Saws
- Coping Saw
- Marking Gauges
***Questions about tools or equipment can be sent to [email protected]
Workshop Policies: Please review policies below before committing to a workshop.
- All workshops are 18+; no woodworking experience necessary;
- If Rebuilding Exchange needs to cancel a workshop, we will notify you 24 before the class and give you the option of refund or reschedule;
- Projects and materials must be picked up within one week of the class ending. Rebuilding Exchange reserves the right to sell any projects or materials left behind after the week end;
- If you are unable to attend your one-time workshop, email us 48-hours before the class starts. If you are unable to make your series class, email us one week before the class starts; and
- One couple’s ticket allows for two people to make one item together.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
ReBuilding Exchange, 1740 W Webster Ave, Chicago, United States
USD 210.00 to USD 270.00