AdvertisementJoin the team at the Marine Discovery Centre for a morning of interactive fun, marine-based learning and a beach marine trail on Henley Beach.
During the session, children will have access to a variety of interactive discovery stations including Kaurna learning, sea aquariums, virtual reality headsets, hands-on games, and recycled craft activities
* Please note: Tickets are only required for children, one parent per child (multiple children are allowed though). Parents must order their ticket (free of charge) when purchasing tickets for children. Parents must stay with children throughout the session. Children under 3 years of age are free of charge
10am - 11.30am - Interactive Centre Activities
11.30am - 12pm - Guided Beach Marine Trail on Henley Beach (if weather permits)
Marine Discovery CentreCnr Seaview Road & Marlborough Street, Henley Beach, SA 5022
* Materials for recycled craft activities, art can be taken home
* Aquariums featuring local South Australian marine creatures such as the Big-Bellied Seahorses, Ornate Cowfish, Porcupine Fish, native Oysters, Murray River Turtle, Yabbies and more
* Virtual Reality Headsets giving you the opportunity to explore under the sea without getting wet. Underwater virtual reality experiences include Australian Sea Lions, Leafy Seadragons, swimming under the Henley Beach Jetty, and Google Expeditions to the Great Barrier Reef
* Kaurna Education Room (The Kaurna Meyunna Wodli) is an interactive room that highlights the relationship that Kaurna people have with the Adelaide Plains and the coast.
* Interactive models featuring our brand new diving games, brand new sounds of the ocean interactive, brand new beachcombing game plus oceanography, climate change, marine debris, marine habitats, touchscreens, sustainable fishing, stormwater, beachcombing, and get hands-on with our microscopes and Discovery Dive game.
* Henley Beach Marine Trail 11.30am - 12pm (if weather permits)
* Each child will receive a free beachcombing sheet to take home
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Marine Discovery Centre, Corner of Seaview Road and Marlborough Street,Adelaide,SA,Australia