About this Event
The San Francisco School of Needlework & Design (SFSNAD) now offers Studio Space onsite at 850 Battery Street during the School’s regular days and hours of operation. Any stitcher with an interest in working on their projects consistently and without interruption, may use a SFSNAD station (a designated space in a SFSNAD classroom) on a weekly basis according to our rules and reminders, which are listed below.
Hours of Operation: 10 am - 4 pm PT
Days of Operation: Tuesdays - Saturdays
How to register: Select your intended day of the week and then choose between a Full Day ticket or a Half Day ticket. If you would like to register for multiple days, you need to purchase a ticket for each day. No Sundays or Mondays are available.
Station: One trestle and/or table spot with cart per person in the Raised Classroom. When a SFSNAD class is in session that requires the use of this room, your station (trestle and cart)may be moved to another room.
Cart dimensions: 30” tall with 3 shelves (12” x 16”x 3 1⁄4”)
Table space: Tables run approximately 55” x 23 1⁄2”. You may be required to share table space with another stitcher but the trestle and cart will be assigned to you only during your time onsite.
Please register for your intended dates at least one week before you intend to use the space. All reservations are first come first serve.
• $20 per half day (3 hrs, 10am-1pm or 1pm-4pm)
• $40 per full day*
*Free for Gold Members and M&TC Students, Silk Members receive a 15% discount.
Please confirm availability of Studio Space around holidays. Studio Space is NOT available:
• Thanksgiving weekend, Thursday through Saturday
• The last two weeks of December through the second full week of January
• October 24 - November 4, 2022
Rules and Reminders
• No personal items other than stitching equipment should be kept on your cart; SFSNAD is not responsible for any missing or damaged items
• Storing Guests reserving Studio Space for multiple days in a row may leave their materials onsite on their cart
• Please clean up after yourself The cleaning staff does not typically enter the Raised classroom due to the items in this room, please bring a cloth to cover your work if you are concerned about it getting dusty
• One trestle or table spot and cart is permitted per person please find the dimensions of cart and table space above
• Please return any borrowed SFSNAD equipment Embroidery hoops and other equipment may be available on request depending on the classes that are in session at that time
• Register thoughtfully We use the honor system at SFSNAD but respectfully remind you to register for each day, and the appropriate hours you intend to use the space. We recognize that emergencies occur and are happy to support you when they do, but inconsistent registration or registering for a half day when you stay the full day, will revoke your registration privileges for future Studio Sessions
• No photographs can be taken of other students’ work without permission
• No phone calls are permitted in the Raised Classroom when other stitchers are onsite
• You may bring headphones to listen to music quietly while stitching
• You may bring water only in a container with a lid in the classroom, however, no food or other beverages are permitted. There is a lunchroom and kitchen available for your use
• You may use our refrigerator in the kitchen but please do not leave anything in there overnight
• Talking to other stitchers is okay but please be respectful of personal working styles and preferences
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
San Francisco School of Needlework & Design, 850 Battery Street, San Francisco, United States
USD 20.00 to USD 40.00