About this Event
The Social Transformation Research Collaborative is made possible thanks to the Center for Black Diaspora, the Center for Latino Research, the African and Black Diaspora Studies Department, the Latin American and Latino Studies Department, the Global Asian Studies Program, and the Critical Ethnic Studies Program at DePaul University, and the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
- Keynote speaker: Dr. Roderick A. Ferguson, author of One-Dimensional Queer (Polity, 2019), We Demand: The University and Student Protests (University of California, 2017), The Reorder of Things: The University and Its Pedagogies of Minority Difference (University of Minnesota, 2012), and Aberrations in Black: Toward a Queer of Color Critique (University of Minnesota, 2004). Dr. Ferguson is the co-editor with Grace Hong of the anthology Strange Affinities: The Gender and Sexual Politics of Comparative Racialization (Duke University, 2011), and co-editor with Erica Edwards and Jeffrey Ogbar of Keywords of African American Studies (NYU, 2018).
- 2022-2023 Faculty Research Fellows
Dr. Susana Martínez
Dr. Chernoh Sesay, Jr.
- 2022 Professional Development Faculty Fellows
Dr. Lori Pierce
Dr. Lourdes Torres
- 2023 Graduate Student Research Fellows
- 2023 Undergraduate Research Fellows
- 2023 Summer Institute Student Panel
- Local Artists Panel
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
2320 N Kenmore Ave, 2320 North Kenmore Avenue, Chicago, United States