About this Event
We can't wait to host your children at our Humane Education Camp Series. Registration is now open! Children ages 9 - 12 will enjoy a two-day camp full of exciting activities including a shelter tour, pet treat-making, meeting shelter pets, lessons on the humane treatment of animals, and more! Perfect for the animal lover in your family.
- Starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. (no before or aftercare provided).
- Two-day Camp.
- Ages 9 to 12.
- Special Camp T-shirt included!
- No food provided, must bring own snacks and lunches.
- Address: 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, Florida 33160.
- ALLERGIES: Please note that children may encounter common potential allergens while at camp, including dog and cat dander, nut, wheat, and dairy products, etc. Due to the nature of our work, we cannot guarantee an environment free from any allergens.
- EPIPEN: Children who bring an Epipen to camp must carry it with them, on their person, at all times (a fanny pack might be helpful).
- Minor Injury: In the event that a child has a minor injury, the Humane Society of Greater Miami Camp Leader will treat said minor injury of the child being registered by using such means as an antiseptic or antibiotic wash and/or ointment, an adhesive bandage, and/or an ice pack. The Camp Leader will call you to notify you of any such injury.
- Photos: The Humane Society of Greater Miami sometimes uses photos and videos (which may feature your child) taken during our kids programs in promotional and educational materials such as brochures, flyers, our website, social media, etc.
- Refund Policy: The parent/ guardian of the child must contact HSGM 7 days prior to the start of camp if they wish to receive a refund. If done 7 days before start of camp, you are entitled to receive a full refund minus the $50 registration fee. We will not refund any amount, under any circumstance, if this request is made with less than a 7-day notice, as that is insufficient time to find a replacement for the spot.
- Very Important: General Release Waiver form must be signed in person by a parent or guardian on the first day of camp. This must be done, with no exceptions, for the child to be able to participate in the camp.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Humane Society Of Greater Miami, 16101 West Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, United States