* Why can social communication be so difficult for children on the Autism Spectrum?
* How to help children recognise emotions & social behaviour in themselves and others.
* How to teach & encourage social communication and interaction with others.
* How to support children with social communication at school, at home and in the community.
* How to use visuals, charts & apps to support social communication
Facilitated by Jeanita Cush-Hunter.
Jeanita is a Family Consultant at Children’s Autism Foundation, working with parents, caregivers & whanau of children on the Autism Spectrum. She is an experienced secondary school teacher and proud mum of two sons, one of whom is Autistic. Jeanita is passionate about supporting Autistic children and their whanau to live their absolute best lives.
Cost: Per Family – $20 / Professionals – $50 (working in disability sector)
PLEASE REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE AND DISABILITY CONNECT WILL BE IN CONTACT TO CONFIRM YOUR TICKET AND ARRANGE PAYMENT
This workshop is brought to you by Disability Connect & Children's Autism Foundation with funding support from Te Pou.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
3B Olive Road, Penrose, Auckland 1061, New Zealand, Auckland, New Zealand