About this Event
Time: 9.00am to 5.30pm
Duration: 1 Day
Training Fees: S$440 per pax for A-CERTS Members / S$530 per pax for non-members
This course is awarded by SCDF for 5 CPD points
You may visit A-CERTS website at https://www.acerts.org.sg/list-of-training/ to download the full training directory.
Site Main Controller (SMC) is the senior member of the company’s management and will be the overall person-in-charge of emergency response operations in the company during an emergency. SMC will also deal with the government agencies during the event. In order to do that, SMC needs the skills to conduct Incident Management. These sets of skills can consist of appreciation of situation, emergency scene management, developing Contingency Planning (CP) for High Risk Installations, understanding the SCDF Incident Management System and managing information management during emergencies.
This comprehensive training will equip the participants the foundational knowledge and skills to handle the major responsibilities of a SMC, in the event of an emergency. The training is based on the principles of Incident Management relative to emergency preparedness and adapted to the Singapore context. All participants will have in-depth training on incident management and practical practice through scenarios based exercises.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for new personnel such as Site Main Controller (SMC) or new Crisis Management Team (CMT) member or Emergency Management Team (EMT) member.
Applicable Skills & Knowledge After Course Completion:
- Understand incident management and its application at the various levels of incident
- Ensure the basic setup for performing the role of SMC is in place and the support systems needed to perform the job are addressed
- Describe the key characteristics of the SMC and develop strategies for adopting these characteristics
- Identify the various phases of emergency management and what is required of SMC in each of these phases
- Determine the necessary resource requirements and documentations
- Create greater awareness of Incident Site Management and Control
Course Outline Included:
- Understand emergency response principles and processes
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of EMT, SMC & CERT
- Functional approach to incident management
- Appropriate tactics for emergency operations
- Incident management planning, preparation and response
- Tabletop exercises
What Will You Get Upon Completion?
A Certificate of Attendance issued by A-CERTS
Do You Need Any Pre-requisite(s) to Attend This?
Preferably have some experience in the CERT
How much is the training fees?
S$440 per pax (all inclusive) for members of A-CERTS and S$530 per pax for non-members. You can write to A-CERTS at [email protected] for more details.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The directional details will be sent to participants upon registration of this training.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
You can contact the administrator at [email protected].
Is my registration transferrable?
Your registration can be transferred but you will have to inform the A-CERTS Administrator at [email protected] at least 10 working days in advance.
How do I pay for the training?
Upon registration, the A-CERTS Administrator will advise you on the payment details. Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
What is the cancellation policy?
A-CERTS does not accept late notice of deferment or cancellation by participants, except for cases that can be waive based on compassionate or medical grounds.
• Request for cancellation must be made in writing 7 days before the course commencement
• Less than 7 days’ notice or no show at training venue will result in full course fees
• However, replacement is allowed at no additional charge.
A-CERTS reserves the right to cancel a course if number of delegates have not reached the minimum required to run the course. A-CERTS reserves the right to cancel in the event of an unforeseen circumstance which restrict a safe training environment. In the event of a cancellation, A-CERTS will either arrange for an alternative course date or offer a full refund of the fee paid.
The name on the registration doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
As Certificate will be issued upon completion of this training, please ensure that your details are correct.
A-CERTS Terms and Conditions
- By participating in the above programme, you certify that the information provided is correct. You will not hold the organiser responsible for any mishap occur during my participation.
- All decisions made by the organiser shall be final.
- By attending this event, you agree to be photographed (if photos are taken by organiser). You hereby grant the organiser a royalty-free right to use photos and information in media press and materials and marketing materials connected to the event.
- Information provided will be treated with confidentiality and is collected for the purposes to be submitted to the governing bodies, third party service providers, agents and other organisations for, and if applies:
a) accreditation of CPD points,
b) accreditation of SDU point,
c) assessment result submission to SSG,
d) generation of electronic certificates/Statement of Attainment,
e) notification to trainees from SSG,
f) Submission of Info to SSG for TRAQOM surveys (Training Quality and Outcomes Measurement), and
g) for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- Please note that event confirmation is only confirmed with full payment.
- Registration is on First-Come-First-Served basis. We regret to inform that reservation of seats will not be entertained.
- Email confirmation generated by Eventbrite is an acknowledgement of your registration. A-CERTS will follow up with another email update prior to the training.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Singapore Polytechnic Graduates Guild, 1010 dover road, Singapore, Singapore