About this Event
Experience shamanic journeying and the multi-dimensional worlds of shamanic 'dreamtime' with the guidance of the sacred plant cacao and healing sounds during this New Moon gathering. This energy is all about new beginnings and intention setting.
The Shamanic Journey is a method of accessing inner wisdom through the drum, taking you into a self-guided deep meditative state. It is derived from a practice done by the healers/shamans of indigenous shamanic cultures. It is performed to gain insight and effect healing and has been a common practice of many indigenous cultures for thousands of years.
To prepare your body for the Shamanic Journey, Irma will guide you through a gentle & grounding cacao ceremony and sound bath journey. Cacao’s heart-activating and relaxing properties will ease you into a space of safety and heightened awareness
/// ABOUT THE SHAMANIC PRACTICE ///
The Shamanic Journey is one of the most remarkable visionary methods used by humankind to explore the hidden universe otherwise known mainly through myths and dreams.
During this experiential intro workshop, you will be introduced to core shamanism and common methods of shamans to enter nonordinary reality for problem solving and healing.
You will connect with your inner senses and be initiated into shamanic journeying, aided by the sound of a drum and other techniques for experiencing shamanic states of consciousness and for awakening one's soul and dormant spiritual power.
Travel outside of time and space into another reality and make contact with compassionate helping spirits, such as teachers and power animals, for personal wisdom and to gain knowledge to help create a better world.
There will be time to communicate your own stories, discoveries, and insights for those who wish to share. Sharing is a beautiful way to learn from others' experiences.
/// CACAO CEREMONY ///
Cacao’s invitation, during this gathering, is for you to stop and tune inwards. The cacao can support you as you travel to a place beyond intellect & into intuitive knowing. A place of sacred connection.
The pure ceremonial cacao you will be receiving connects you directly to the farmers and communities in the cacao-growing region of Central Peru. A world apart from monoculture cacao plantations and industrially processed cacao, this high vibration heart opening strain of Amazonian 'criollo' cacao is crafted with care and intention in small batches for Ceremonial Grade energy. It includes natural cacao butter, the most effective carrier of cacao's medicinal benefits. It's the perfect companion with meditation and spiritual or shamanic practice.
/// IN THIS WORKSHOP YOU WILL LEARN HOW TO ///
• Set more powerful intentions
• Create your own karakia/prayer
• Set up sacred space for ceremony
• Connect with your spirit helpers for personal wisdom
• Develop trust in yourself and connect to your inner wisdom
• Enhance your innate creativity
• Generate the momentum to get unstuck in some area of your life
• Calm your body & mind
/// WHAT YOU WILL RECEIVE ///
• A life-changing practice for spiritual inquiry that fits easily into even the busiest schedule
• Tools and tips for framing questions and interpreting your journey experiences
• Being able to make the distinction between interpreting the often symbolic language of intuitive wisdom and engaging in magical thinking
• Explore and relate to unfamiliar fields of consciousness safely
/// THIS WORKSHOP IS ESPECIALLY BENEFICIAL IF YOU ///
• Seek to develop trust in yourself and your connection to your inner wisdom
• Are eager to enhance your innate creativity or generate the momentum to get unstuck in some area of your life
• Are ready to step into and live the rest of your life as, your authentic best self
• Have burning questions about who you really are and your place in the world
/// WHAT TO BRING ///
• Water bottle - please come well hydrated, and continue to drink after the ceremony as cacao is diuretic
• Wear comfortable clothing
• An object of meaning
• A pen and a notebook to capture your experience
• Blindfold or scarf (optional)
/// WHAT TO AVOID ///
• Coffee for at least 6 hours prior
• Mind-altering substances on the day of the ceremony - alcohol, THC, etc.
• Reduce the intake of dairy products on the day of the ceremony
• Avoid eating large amounts of food 2-3 hours prior to the ceremony (unless you have blood sugar issues and have a snack)
/// HEALTH PRECAUTIONS ///
• Antidepressants (some medications interact with the MAO inhibitors in Cacao and that reaction can create side effects, such as headaches)
• Food sensitivities (if you’re sensitive to fermented foods, Cacao will not be a good option for you)
• Pregnancy and breastfeeding (there are no known contraindications, in fact, Cacao would likely support breastfeeding and nourishment of expecting mothers. So just tune into your own body and have a smaller dose, if needed)
(If you have any questions please get in touch with Irma at [email protected] to ensure your safety during the workshop.)
/// THE EXPERIENCE ///
Every person’s experience in a ceremony is different and each ceremony will be different. Set the right intention and then let go. Trust that you will receive the exact medicine needed for the moment.
/// ABOUT THE VENUE ///
Kanuka Yoga Space is a neighbourly studio where you can breathe and move mindfully. We believe offering a variety of classes will give Kanuka students the opportunity to learn, heal, grow and find their own flow. The studio is influenced by the natural beauty of New Zealand and Auckland's stunning West Coast beaches. Be adventurous. Be playful. Move and breathe mindfully.
/// ABOUT THE FACILITATORS ///
Steve has been passionate about Indigenous spirituality since the early 80’s. After discovering the medicine man ‘Rolling Thunder’ by Doug Boyd he went down the Shamanic rabbit hole. Most of the experiential teachings he received back then were of Native American origin through Cherokee Denise Linn and later Lakota Wallace Black Elk.
In the early 90’s Steve met with shaman Terri Batten who he trained with for many years. Terri had trained with Sandra Ingerman who is the educational director of the Foundation for Shamanic Studies.
For over 20 years Steve has held circles for shamanic journey guiding people to embrace their own power and answers to the questions that arise on their journey of self-actualization.
This exploration of the non-ordinary realities has transformed the lives of many and is a deep passion for Steve and his connection to spirit. For the last 3 years, he has further immersed himself into working with transforming mindsets and altering states through breath.
Irma is a clinical homeopath, sound healer, teacher, and founder of Mamamuti. She has been working with evidence-based natural medicine since 1999 and has a special interest in holistic mental health and addiction recovery methods.
Irma openly speaks about her personal journey with addiction and how plant medicine has supported her in her recovery. She is committed to sharing this knowledge.
Cacao, to her, is one of the gentlest, yet most powerful plants that can support us in our healing from trauma, shock, and loss. She explores and explains the depth of cacao’s medicine during her workshops and retreats. As a group facilitator, she holds a trauma-informed space.
Her devotion to understand and uphold the traditional, spiritual and cultural significance of ancient plant medicine has taken her across the globe.
Irma has been working with cacao as a plant guide since 2015 and has been facilitating cacao gatherings and ceremonies across Aotearoa since 2018. Her passion and love for cacao is tangible and infectious.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Kanuka Yoga Space, 102C Hobsonville Road, Auckland, New Zealand
NZD 87.00 to NZD 107.00