About this Event
What we'll cover:
10-11AM-First hour will be lead by Executive Director and Empowerment Coach, Jen Hardy, regarding mindset and accessing our power.
11AM-2PM- Remainder of the workshop will be self defense lead by 4th degree black belt and STW owner, Pete Hardy and his daughter with the D.C. staff.
- Basic combative techniques- possible examples; palm strikes, hammer fists, knees and kicks.
- Specific self defense that are most common in sexual assault situations including ground work where an attacker is on top of you or between your legs.
It is always nice to sign up with a partner; a friend, family member ect. but it is not required! This is NOT a sit and listen workshop. You will be active, sweating and practicing! And you do not need to be "in shape" to attend. You need to know how to defend yourself exactly as you are now!
Counselors will also be on site to support any survivors who would like to attend and may have any concerns.
Ages 13-60+ , under 16 >>must have a female parent, guardian present!!!
Under 18 MUST have a liability waiver signed
- Check in/registration open at 9:15-10:00AM please be at least 7min early
- Pre-registration is not required but does save you time and hassle.
- NON-REFUNDABLE donation but can transfer to another event or participant.
- Also Event T-shirts available! $25EA cash, check and CC accepted
- Discounts to STW and other courses will be offered so come prepared :)
- Proceeds will support a local nonprofit serving San Antonio TBD
What to Wear/Bring:
- Athletic leggings, NO shorts.
- T-shirt is more comfortable due to type of defense practiced.
- No jewelry.
- Athletic shoes
- Masks optional
- Bring a Gatorade or your fav electrolyte drink
- Sweat Towel
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
STW Krav Maga Self Defense & Fitness, 100 Crossroads Boulevard, San Antonio, United States
USD 10.00 to USD 30.00