About this Event
Bring your friends and family for a day of fun in the woods and learn what it takes to build, maintain, and ride the most progressive urban bike park in America.
All participants, NYCMTB members, or anyone with logged volunteer hours, receive a free 1 hour clinic and a guided ride throughout the trails. Bikes and helmets provided.
Highbridge Park is the home of NYC's first Mountain Biking Course. The 3 mile course offers trails of varying difficulty from Intermediate to expert, and a free-ride trail that includes drops, steeps, and berms. The park also features a Dirt Jump Park and pump track, making it a good place to develop different skills at all levels. The course has been featured in national media, and is stewarded by volunteers just like you.
Make this day your introduction to the park, or to the sport of off-road cycling. Interested volunteers are encouraged to participate regardless of age, ability or gender. There is something for everyone at Highbridge - It's NYC's bikepark!
ATTENTION VOLUNTEERS***PLEASE REVIEW THIS COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION
Perform a self-health check at home to see if you may be sick with the coronavirus. If you exhibit any of the following symptoms, please do NOT volunteer.
○ Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
○ Muscle pain
○ Sore throat
○ New loss of taste or smell
● Wear a face covering. People who do not show symptoms may still be able to spread COVID-19. A face covering can help prevent you from spreading COVID-19 to other people, so you should wear one whenever you leave home and cannot maintain at least six feet of distance from others. A face covering can include anything that covers your nose and mouth including dust masks, scarves, and bandanas. Do not use healthcare worker masks as those must be preserved for people in the healthcare system.
● Keep at least six feet between you and others and do not touch others.
● Wash your hands often, including at the start and end of your volunteer project. Use soap and water and scrub for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
● Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when sneezing or coughing.
● Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
● Monitor your health more closely than usual for cold or flu symptoms.
Highbridge Welcome Days/Second Saturdays Event Breakdown: 10:00am-12:00pm - Service project
12:30pm-3pm- Bike Share /Clinics and Guided rides.
Get Me There!
If You Drive -See Map. Ample street parking adjacent to the park.
***Highbridge Bike Park is located 200' northeast of 131 Ft George ave, 10040***
Via Subway -Take the #1 Train to 181st, and use the elevators to get to street level. Head North on St. Nicholas ave. to 193rd st and keep right onto Ft George ave. Meet at the flagpole adjacent to Ft George Playground.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Highbridge Bike Park, 131 Ft George ave, New York, United States