About this Event
Hey Santa, Saturday December 10th thousands of us will be parading through the Downtown Seattle area! Join us as we paint the town red and white for 14 hours! SantaCon is an annual mass gathering of people dressed in Santa Claus costumes parading publicly on streets and inside locations in cities around the world. The focus is on spontaneity and creativity, while having a good time and spreading cheer and goodwill. This is much more than a pub crawl, and every time you call it that, a sugar plum fairy dies!
Expect live entertainment all day, free admission to 15+ venues, drink specials, a costume contest, professional photographers, and the most wonderful time of the year!
Keep reading for Day 1 info. (Day 2 page will be here soon!)
RSVP on our Facebook event page for the latest news!
WE NEED YOUR HELP SPREADING THE CHEER!
1. My name is Santa. Your name is Santa. We are Santa. Who's in charge here? Santa!
2. Santa will bring cash and tip! Lines can be long, so keep it quick!
3. Wear a Santa suit! Be an elf! Or reindeer! Get in the holiday spirit. Wearing just a Santa hat with regular clothes is boring. And wear comfy shoes. Santa is covering lots of ground.
4. SantaCon is a participatory event. Entertain us! Bring something Santa will enjoy: candy, games, performances, signs, music, or a costume that will wow us!
5. Expect lines. Santa will have fun while waiting, or try another spot. Don't wait in lines that don't move!
6. Santa obeys the law! Santa doesn't drink in public or smoke in parks.
7. Pace yourself, Santa. Know your limits. Remember to eat and drink water!
8. Santa doesn't drink and drive!
9. Santa doesn't mess with kids, the police, businesses, or Santa!
10. Use the Facebook event wall for the costume contest and #SeattleSantaCon on Instagram!
Schedule coming soon! Arrive anytime between noon to midnight to check in with our staff just outside most locations on the schedule which will be here soon. Follow the schedule, Santa! Wristbands are required to be part of the event for population control, cover expenses, and to raise money for this year's charity.
DRINKS & OTHER SPECIALS:
To be announced!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: where do I check in?
A: see the schedule and find our staff outside most of our current venues.
Q: is registration required?
A: yes, you won't be able to enter most if not all of our venues without a wristband.
Q: Sign up? Registration? Tickets? Check in? Wristbands? I'm confused.
A: Purchase online, then show up. Or just show up, and pay full price. We have $10,000+ in event costs and hope to raise $10,000+ for charity. Don't confuse us with "Bad Santa" events.
Q: Can I purchase from your staff? Pay with cash or Venmo?
A: To be announced!
Q: can I check in for friends? Can they check in for me? are tickets transferable?
A: To be announced!
Q: am I guaranteed entry everywhere?
A: not exactly. If a venue is full and other Santas aren't leaving, you're going to be stuck in line. Try another venue!
Q: what are the details on drink specials?
A: see above for the list.
Q: can I bring fake weapons, wear masks, or full body costumes? will you accept temporary or old IDs?
A: can't guarantee anything here. this is up to security at each venue.
Q: do I have to follow the laws?
A: duh, yes. No drinking on public streets or smoking in public parks. Follow traffic laws and authority figures. Don't mess with anyone, and especially don't mess with Santa. If you see something say something. Disrepectful Santas aren't welcome.
Q: do I have to wear a costume?
A: You ought to dress festive. A Santa hat is the bare minimum.
Featured in: Seattle Times, The Stranger (cover story!), KING 5, Seattle PI, Seattle Weekly, Seattle Refined, Capitol Hill Seattle Blog, Respect My Region, Emerald City Journal, Curiocity…
21+. No refunds. Event happens rain or shine.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Downtown Seattle, To Be Announced, Seattle, United States
USD 7.50 to USD 30.00