About this Event
Class dates: 2 Sundays, Feb 5 and 12 from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: JCC, 2940 N Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL, 60657
Participants are expected to arrive 10 minutes prior to class. Participants need to attend all sessions to certify.
This class has a minimum of two students, if the minimum is not met students will be transferred to the next month’s class.
About this class:
Reiki is a spiritual healing method that promotes balance, wellbeing, and personal growth. Developed in Japan in the 1920s by Usui Mikao, Reiki is now practiced around the world in many different forms. Its original name “shinshin kaizen Usui Reiki Ryoho” translates to “Usui Healing Method for improving body and mind”.
This class is the next step after Reiki Level II Okuden. This class leads students to step into their own self-mastery. Reiki III training empowers and guides students to embody their inner light to "be Reiki" in the world. Completion of this class also allows students to teach Reiki to others if they choose to do so.
PREREQUISITE: A minimum of 6 months of practice after Reiki II Okuden is recommended to make the best of this class. Students coming from different lineage are invited to contact the teacher.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- The meaning, usage, and spiritual description of the fourth symbol and mantra.
- How to perform the initiations
- Teaching the system of Reiki
- Receive individual guidance on your spiritual journey
WHAT THIS TRAINING OFFERS
- 12-hour training in the traditional Japanese art of Reiki, the “Usui Reiki Ryoho”
- Tools and practices that will remain available to you throughout your lifetime
- Lectures, discussions, demonstrations, and practice time
- The manual and corresponding certificate of completion
- Official training that follows the International House of Reiki standards of practice
- Class led by an experienced Reiki teacher, trained in the US and Japan, and direct student of world-renowned teacher Frans Stiene
- Ongoing teacher support and access to the International House of Reiki/Ki
TO MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR TRAINING
- Commitment to practice is key
- Attendance for all 4 weeks (8 hours) is required to receive a certificate of completion
- Makeups may be scheduled at the discretion of the teacher
- Thank you for being on time
- The Way of Reiki, by Frans Stiene
For any questions, please contact the Reiki instructor via email at [email protected] or visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com
Veronique is a certified Reiki Teacher/Practitioner in the Japanese lineage “Usui Reiki Ryoho”. Originally from France, Veronique has been studying and practicing Reiki in various parts of the world and settings since 2008. Aside from her private practice, Veronique has worked and volunteered in a hospital, a cancer wellness center, yoga studios, and a senior living community. She became a Reiki Teacher at the Japanese Culture Center in Chicago in 2019.Veronique has been exploring both traditional and more contemporary approaches to the practice of Reiki. She has pursued these varied interests in the US as well as in Europe, and Japan where Reiki originates from. Veronique believes in daily practice and continuing education. She is a graduate student from the International House of Reiki and the Mindfulness Meditation Teacher Certification Program (MMTCP), a professional member of Shibumi International Reiki Association, the International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT), and the Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (ABMP). For more information, please visit her website www.moonstonesanctuary.com
Japanese Culture Center, 1016 West Belmont Avenue, Chicago, United States