About this Event
The world is reopening and so are our offices. Yet many of us still feel burned out and downright exhausted by the last 18 months.
That’s why on Friday, September 10th you’re invited to Realign & Recharge: A Something Major Women’s Leadership Retreat at The Four Seasons Hotel & Spa in Georgetown-- a VAX-ONLY and 100% outdoors experience.
Hosted by Something Major Founder and certified women’s leadership coach, our first cohort of Realign & Recharge sold out with a waitlist in June. Following our June participants’ rave reviews about how this experience impacted them -- describing the experience as “transformational,” “absolutely perfect,” and “exactly what I needed” -- we are hosting this retreat for a new cohort of women on Friday, September 10th from 10:00am - 2:30pm.
Join us as we spend the morning realigning our minds and bodies, with a workshop on Reimagining The Return and a nourishing vinyasa flow yoga class. We’ll then spend the afternoon recharging our spirits, with a delicious lunch and a wine tasting by the Four Seasons’ own sommelier.
You’ll walk away re-energized and with your very own Reimagining The Return game plan. So grab your yoga mat and a girlfriend (there’s even a discount when you sign up with a work wife). We look forward to realigning and recharging with you!
Sign up or learn more about the day’s agenda, cost, and FAQs below.
Pro Tip: about 50% of our participants at the June retreat had their employer sponsor their participation as a leadership development and/or networking experience. Reach out for a copy of our Sponsorship Kit if you’re interested in learning more about how your employer might sponsor your participation ([email protected]).
The Day’s Events:
AM: Realigning Mind & Body
- Welcome by Randi Braun & Reimagining The Return Workshop: After nearly a year and a half of feeling stuck and stressed out, we’re ready for The Return... but it turns out The Return is its own kind of overwhelming. In this Reimagining The Return workshop, you’ll learn tools for how to reconnect to your core values, use them to design your most authentic goals, and build your own Reimagining The Return game plan. Through interactive discussion and tactical exercises, you’ll leave this workshop ready to get intentional and actionable in this next chapter of your work life.
- Nourishing Vinyasa Flow Yoga: After realigning our minds, we’ll realign our body with a nourishing vinyasa flow yoga class (suitable for all levels).
PM: Recharging Our Spirit
- Lunch & Wine Tasting: To recharge our spirits, following yoga, we’ll sit down for a delicious lunch accompanied by a wine tasting with The Four Seasons’ own sommelier.
- Closing Remarks: Before breaking for the day, Randi will share her insights on going beyond our Reimagining The Return plans to understand the DNA of a fulfilled--not just successful--life.
Attire: Keeping it casual and relaxed, leggings/yoga clothes are required. Ponytails are encouraged.
- Standard Registration: $495
- Work Wives Registration: $395/person when you sign up with a girlfriend
- Who is this for? Any woman who is looking to reset her personal and professional goals in The Return and connect with other like-minded women who are invested in doing the same.
- What should I bring? Your yoga mat and your enthusiasm for participating.
- Do I need to be vaccinated to come? We’re asking all attendees to be vaccinated. If you’re unvaccinated, we ask you to please sit this one out and we look forward to having you at a future event.
- What’s included? The day’s agenda above, including the workshop, yoga class, lunch, wine tasting, and light refreshments in the morning upon arrival. Not included: yoga mats (please bring your own) and parking (more below).
- This sounds fun, but will I leave with anything tangible? Yes, in addition to leaving re-energized after an inspiring and restorative day, you will leave with your own Reimagining The Return game plan and a key concepts cheat sheet.
- Will this event be indoors or outdoors? This event will be held 100% outdoors in a covered space so we can have a safe and fun day, rain or shine!
- Will there be food? Yes, we’ll have light refreshments in the morning and lunch in the afternoon.
- What if I have dietary restrictions or allergies? Please share those after you register and please alert the staff the day of the event.
- Is there parking? Parking is not included, but retreat attendees will receive a discounted rate of $29/day. We will be drinking wine so please plan to make your transportation plans responsibly.
- What else do I need to know? Just like you’d sign a waiver any time you go to a new exercise studio, we’ll ask you to sign one when you arrive at the retreat. A signed waiver will be required to participate.
Other questions? Email Randi Braun at [email protected]
Terms & Conditions: Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Participants are required to supply their own yoga mat and certify their vaccination status. All participants will be required to sign a standard event waiver after registration to participate. Participants must comply with all instructions/requirements from the facilitators and/or Four Seasons hotel on the day of the event.
Meet the Host, Randi Braun:
Specializing with women, Randi Braun is a certified executive coach, consultant, speaker, and the Founder of Something Major.
An expert at helping women leaders thrive in demanding, unpredictable, high-performance, and high-volume environments, she has worked with a diverse slate of institutional and individual clients; coaching leaders--and their teams--across the Fortune 500, Capitol Hill, professional services (big law, PR, consulting), tech, entrepreneurship, government relations and advocacy, medicine, financial services and real estate investment firms, start-ups, non-profits, the arts, and trade associations.
A thought leader who has been featured by Forbes, The Washington Post, Parents Magazine, Thrive Global, and The Chicago Tribune, Randi speaks frequently on the topics of women's professional development and leadership, thriving in working parenthood, avoiding burnout, and building meaningful professional relationships. She has spoken for organizations including The U.S. Congress, Microsoft, Uber, The Embassy of Canada, UCLA's Anderson School of Management, Women in Government Relations, The National Association of Manufacturers, and multiple global law firms.
Meet our Yoga Instructor, Elena Papina:
Elena Papina, native of Moscow, Russia, discovered yoga in Washington over twenty years ago with a group of friends who found out how the yoga practice on the mat and off the mat could complement their mutual passion for an active outdoor lifestyle.
Elena loves to learn and grow in her yoga teaching as well as in her own practice. After taking a multiple training series from Brian Kest, Crissy Carter, Sean Corn, Jason Crandell, she enrolled in an advanced training led by Para Yoga true master teacher - Rod Stryker.
“The heart that gives, gathers” is Elena’s true flagship. With its guidance, Elena offers group yoga classes as well as private yoga classes and the outdoor adventures through ‘NYogaFitness.
Elena's classes encourage students to explore in a fun and playful way, guided by the courageous and kind warrior that resides in each student’s heart. At the end of practice, students are left feeling strong and grounded, balanced and inspired, and loving and compassionate.
And if you ask Elena about her favorite season, she might surprise you with her answer: “any season if it snows!”
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Four Seasons Hotel Washington, DC, 2800 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, United States
USD 395.00 to USD 495.00