About this Event
By registering for this training, you are hereby acknowledging that you have read and agree to the terms stated here: Media Consent and Consent Release Agreement. Ratio Train-the-Trainer Workshop
To ensure all students succeed academically, champion teachers deliver instruction that maximizes Ratio—boosting the number of students who actively participate and the depth of the thinking they do. Join Doug Lemov and the Teach Like a Champion Team in a Train the Trainer workshop to both prepare teachers to deliver high Ratio lessons and to prepare leaders to deliver high quality training on techniques that can boost Ratio in the classroom.
The workshop describes techniques from the newly released Teach Like a Champion 3.0 for building the foundation of knowledge that’s critical to boosting Ratio and then examines three pathways teachers can follow to increase breadth of participation and depth of thinking: Writing, Discussion, and Questioning. Participants will leave equipped to train teachers on how to achieve the twin goals of students participating fully and thinking deeply.
YOU WILL GAIN:
• A framework for analyzing student engagement in a classroom—Participation Ratio and Think Ratio.
• An understanding of the critical role of knowledge—the content prerequisite—In achieving Ratio
• Practice activities that will broaden teachers’ capacity to increase breadth and depth of participation in their classrooms
WE WILL ANALYZE AND PRACTICE:
• Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques to increase Ratio through Writing: Everybody Writes, Front the Writing, Formative Writing and Developmental Writing
• Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques to increase Ratio through Discussion: Habits of Discussion, Turn and Talk
• Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques to increase Ratio through Questioning: Cold Call and Wait Time
• Tools to build and reinforce background knowledge
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Our workshops are a “Train the Trainer” model. We prepare instructional leaders and school leadership teams to deliver excellent training on Teach Like a Champion 3.0 techniques. Schools typically send a team of two to five instructional leaders and teachers in order to have several key team members responsible for turn-keying the work back at their campuses.
University of Memphis, 499 University St., 3rd FL Ballroom, Memphis, TN 38111
DATE AND TIME:
October 4th and 5th 2023
8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
University of Memphis, 499 University St., Memphis, United States