About this Event
We are excited to be hosting the first ever Purple Pickle Party at Midtown Athletic Club to raise funds and awareness for the Alzheimer’s Association of Illinois. Like most of us, Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias are affecting all of us and our families, so it’s important that we keep working to find a cure and to improve the outcomes for these people and their caregivers. It will be a great day with food, drinks, music, vendors, a silent auction and lots of fun Pickleball! Come to watch, meet new players or compete in Pickleball while enjoying a fun day for a great cause.
For event questions, please contact Cheri McEssy at [email protected]
9:30am | Registration & Breakfast
10am – 3:30pm | Tournament
This is a draw tournament where the format will be 1 game to 11. The finals will be 2 of 3 to 11. We will have a round for divisions with less than 4. You are guaranteed two games. Open draws can have as many as 16 teams in each division. If you have specific tournament questions, please submit them to: email@example.com
*Could change depending on sign ups and this is a non-sanctioned tournament*
Men’s Open Doubles (Intermediate and above)
• 3.5 rating or higher
Women’s Open Doubles (Intermediate and above)
• 3.5 rating or higher
Men/Women’s Doubles (Beginner advanced and below)
• 3.0 rating or below
Toss and Spin Directors will give instruction and direction to the players regarding the Pickleball Tournament.
12:30pm | Lunch & Presentations
Welcome to the Purple Pickle Party by the event hosts, the Alzheimer’s Association of Illinois, and Matt Tilburg, GM of Midtown Athletic Club.
3:30pm | Tournament Ends & Award Ceremony
Pickle Level Description
• Give yourself a pickleball self-rating of 1.0 to 2.0
• You are just starting to play pickleball, and you are just starting to understand the rules of pickleball.
• Give yourself a pickleball self-rating of 2.0-3.0
• You are still starting off but understand dinking and how to play. You can generally hit forehand drives, serves, and returns with medium pace as well as dinks.
• Give yourself a pickleball self-rating of 3.5 and above
• You are well versed in the game and strategy. You can consistently hit a third shot drop but need a bit of help with control, placement, and spin.
For a contribution of $100/person, you can join us for part or all of the day to help raise money for a cause that is affecting so many of us and our families.
WEAR YOUR BRIGHTEST PURPLE CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES TO THE PARTY TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THOSE SUFFERING FROM ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE!!
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Midtown Athletic Club, 2444 North Elston Avenue, Chicago, United States