Contact with nature not only promotes our well-being but also encourages an interest in biodiversity and conservation. Even those who live in towns and cities can begin to experience and connect with nature through observing birds.
This beginner course will cover basic fieldcraft and techniques including the use of binoculars and field guides and will give you a chance to get out into the beautiful woods and heaths surrounding Grow Wilder to put this theory into practice.
What will be covered during this course?
- Introduction to the basic craft and techniques of bird watching
- How to use a field guide
- How to use binoculars
- Introduction to common bird families
- Field practice
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Use basic identification guides and binoculars with some confidence
- Identify some of the commoner bird species in the field
- Share this knowledge with friends, family, and fellow volunteers
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Grow Wilder, 181 Frenchay Park Road,Bristol, United Kingdom, Bristol, United Kingdom