with Anne Curtis and Dr Jennifer Swaringen
February 23-25, 2024
Friday, February 23: 6-8pm
Saturday, February 24: 9-5pm
Sunday, February 25: 9-5pm
(lunch break @ 12:30-1:30pm on Sat/Sun)
Required course in our 300hr YTT Program that is open to all yoga teachers and yoga teachers and training.
*All sales are final and non-refundable
- Deepen your knowledge of the anatomy of the core and lower extremities as well as the spine and upper extremities
- Learn to demonstrate, experience, and observe muscle activation, structure, and function in asana practice.
- Feel the anatomy in your body so that you can understand what is going on in each yoga pose
- Learn great ideas to bring to your yoga classes
- Even though this is a 300hr required course, you'll be surprised by how much fun you'll have!
- Walk away with cool tips and tricks for your own practice and to share with your students
- Discover how anatomy relates to your yoga experience
- Use ergonomics to find a balanced action in your body and how to bring this to your students
About Your Teachers:
Anne Curtis studied classical ballet and modern dance for 14 years in Berkeley, California. She earned a Ph.D. in biology at MIT in Cambridge, Massachusetts before taking up Yoga in 1996 to heal from an upper back injury. In 2003 Anne did her Iyengar-based teacher training studies in Palo Alto, California with Larry Hatlett. She then completed the Yoga Alliance 200 hour certification at The Lotus Pond, followed by completion of the 500-hour certification in 2014. Anne is devoted to teaching each student with thoughtful attention and creativity. Anne's teaching style is a mixture of Iyengar, Kripalu, and modern dance, with a strong influence from functional strength training and physical therapy. Anne works to weave core strengthening into every class and tries to lighten things up with humor and to support her students with deep compassion and empathy. Learn more at www.yogawithin.studio
Jennifer Swaringen began practicing yoga over 20 years ago and completed her 500 RYT yoga teacher training through the Lotus Pond. She also is an Orthopedic Surgeon specializing in Sports Medicine and has taken care of patients in the Tampa Bay region since 2008. The principles of yoga have greatly influenced and improved her life and she feels grateful for the opportunity to share the practice with others. In 2018, she began teaching the Perspectives in Anatomy Course at the Lotus Pond with Anne Curtis. Jennifer is able to bring examples from her medical and surgical background into the workshop to assist students in understanding the anatomy of the human body, especially as it relates to doing, modifying, and teaching yoga postures www.alexaderorthopaedics.com
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Lotus Pond Center for Yoga and Health, 6201 Lynn Rd, Tampa, FL 33625-5618, United States,Citrus Park, Florida