About this Event
Abbey Arts presents:PATRICK WATSON: patrickwatson.net
"This is the biography of Patrick Watson (based on things he told me.)
Patrick says he became a singer by accident. He thought he would compose scores for others to play, which seems like an odd thing to say because he is so clearly sprinkled with the pixie dust that causes a person to be transfixing on stage. And it’s now hard to imagine Montreal without the soundtrack of his songs.
The beginning artist's craft is so intuitive and odd, drawing from a trunk of recipes for happiness and hope. They begin with an idea that the world is good and things and love will work out. The mature artist creates from a place of melancholy and understanding of foibles and accepting a story that has already been written. It’s the difference between singing a solo at a stranger’s grave as a child and singing one at your own mother’s funeral.
It’s the same magical and sweet Patrick Watson on this album, but each of the feelings are deeper and dive down to stranger places, where even happiness seems impossible to bear. So the album moves from a dark place of loss to one of hope and magic and new love. The way you thought life was going to work out, but never does. Then it sometimes turns out to be more beautiful and surprising once it is broken."
Live @ St Mark's Cathedral, Seattle
7:30p show, 6:30p doors
All ages, mostly seated
Bar w/ ID. Profits to charity (thanks to the generosity of our local sponsors)
CATHEDRALS CONCERTS SERIES
PRESENTED BY ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE
An open floor concert experience, quiet picnics welcome. Seating available including chairs, benches, and some floor space around the stage area.
We recommend bringing cushions and even blankets if you'd like. Audience can sit or lay down anywhere around the stage as space allows (floor space is not reserved).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------EVENT & VENUE INFO:
- St Mark's is ADA. Wheelchair seating area is to the left of stage near the front.(Email [email protected] with questions)
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at most Abbey Arts events.**
- Please refrain from talking or texting during the show
- No cameras with audible shutters or audible sounds allowed.
- Quiet picnics only, no outside alcohol allowed
- Paid parking is available onsite, through the following app: www.passportparking.com More info here
- Open seating except reserved front rows chairs & benches.
- To create a "giant living room" effect we offer an unusual concert experience with informal seating on the floor up front surrounding the stage and lots of pews, benches, and chairs around the space.
- We highly recommend you bring blankets and cushions to create a more comfortable experience whether sitting on the floor or seats. Quiet and non-messy snacks/picnics are allowed. No outside alcohol please.
- For best sound, arrive early for center floor area and any area on stage not marked with signage. You can also sit all around the back of the stage if you like but sound will be a bit limited there.
- Please silence all devices. Turn off vibrate, rings, etc. If you need your phone on vibrate for specific reasons, please keep it close to you and not on a hard surface that will distract your neighbor.
- If arriving late, please be advised that ushers may hold doors during each song due to acoustics of the space.
- Please refrain from talking during the show.
- Please enter quietly if the show has already begun.
- NO CAMERAS WITH MECHANICAL SHUTTERS (This goes for Press too unless approved to shoot during applause only.) That means silent digital cameras/photos are ok but we really recommend you enjoy most of the show through your own 'retina screens'.
- You probably get the idea, this isn't a loud party venue. :-)
- Anyone exhibiting loud or disruptive behavior during the event will be asked to leave.
**We are unable to provide a separate soundproof room for viewing this event. These shows are very very pin drop quiet so please consider that when deciding what ages are appropriate. No cry room available at this venue and even voices in the lobby will be heard in the concert space.
- Use #seattlecathedrals and tag @abbeyarts on Instagram or Facebook, @fremontabbey on Twitter
See Updated Public Health Safety Info at the bottom of this page under Abbey Arts Presents. All Abbey Arts venues adhere to WA State & King County health guidelines. Thanks for helping keep our community safe!
--------------------------------------------------ABOUT ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE:
NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- We support low income families, veterans, and humanitarian nonprofit workers with free event tickets. http://www.fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
- Rental info & more: http://www.fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: http://www.abbeypresents.org
- Respect policy: www.abbeypresents.org/respect
- Check out the Abbey Arts recent & future bands playlist on Spotify
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + UHeights Auditorium, St Mark's Cathedral, & more
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
St Mark's Cathedral, 1245 10th Ave E, Seattle, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 45.00