About this Event
This art of which pastel pigment powers are applied with the fingers to create a gentle soft, heart-warming, and inspiring through simple yet unique ways of painting.
The process of painting will calm one’s feelings, relax the mind and awaken hope in the heart. At the same time, it brings joy, relaxation and enhanced self-esteem. The process of producing various artwork also helps one to be more positive.
What are some expected outcomes of the course?
In this course, you will learn the Japanese Nagomi Pastel Art and its inspired painting techniques, a healing art founded in Japan, It uses pastels and fingers to create a gentle, transparent, warm, and heart-touching art through simple, yet unique painting techniques.
The results are always magical, where it is able to soothe emotions, calm down and relax the mind, reduce stress
Dates: September 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 , October 6, 13, 20 | Wednesday
Time: 10am - 12pm
No. of sessions: 8
**Minimum 10 students to start class
One full set of Faber-Castell starter kit - with all essential items.
WHAT TO BRING FROM HOME (Not included)
1. 1 x Craft Scissors
2. 1 x Ruler
3. 1 x Normal eraser
4. 1 x Black colour Ink pen
5. Wet tissue
6. Dry tissue
Course Fee: $280 |$56 for seniors eligible for National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy*
*NSA subsidy is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 and above.
- In addition to NSA subsidy, course fee may be offset by SkillsFuture Credit (SFC).
- First, course participants are to make payment for the course through Brahm Centre Eventbrite page.
- They should claim with SFC before the course start date through the SkillsFuture portal.
- Brahm Centre will reimburse the amount that is successfully claimed upon receipt of the funds from SFC.
- Please note that payments for courses are non-refundable.
- There are no make-up lessons if you miss any session.
- If you miss the first session, you are allowed to proceed with the course. However, the trainer is not obligated to do a recap during the second session.
- If you miss both the first and second sessions, you will not be allowed to proceed with the course
Pearl Tang has a great passion for art and craft creations and activities. Her interests include crochets, knitting, decoupage, air-dry clay sculpture, jewellery-making, crepe paper flowers, soft-pastel painting, Zentangle® etc.
Pearl is a Certified Facilitator and Trainer by Workforce Development Agency (WDA) – Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA).
She received relevant training on:-
(1) WSQ - Organise and implement group activities and recreation programmes
(2) WSQ - Design and Develop an Effective Volunteer Work Programme
(3) Certified trainer – Zentangle®
(4) Certified trainer – Japanese Nagomi Pastel Art
(5) PA certified trainer.
Pearl has over 15 years of experience in training and education institutions and is a freelance Teacher in Business Studies, English, and basic computer.
Some of the Pearl's work :
Some students' work:
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Brahm Centre @ Simei, Blk 227 Simei St 4, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 56.00 to SGD 280.00