About this Event
You don’t need to be an artist! If you’re aged 18 to 25 years join artist Olivia Robinson and mental health professional Orion Read in designing and painting a mural at the Swan River Rowing Club (2 The Esplanade, Mount Pleasant WA 6153).
So what’s happening?
Local Young people have worked with Olivia and Orion to design a mural design that de-stigmatises mental health conversations, educates on signs, symptoms, and healthy habits, and encourages the community to seek help.
You will be coming along to paint this mural. The painting is scheduled for 8.00am to 12.00 midday on Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 December 2022. See you then!
Why should I come?
- Make new friends
- Learn about mental health and staying mentally healthy
- Boost your CV and leave an artistic mark in your community.
- Paint art that removes stigma, demonstrates the importance of seeking help, and promotes positive mental health and wellbeing.
- Enjoy free snacks!
Why is this project important to you?
A recent survey of young people aged 12-25 in the City of Melville found:
- 19% of survey respondents live with mental health difficulty
- 49% of survey respondents identify mental health as a priority for their peers.
So whether you know it or not, many of your friends are likely experiencing mental health difficulties and want to make being mentally healthy a priority.
What should I bring?
- Bring your passion for making your community a better place.
- Hat, Sunscreen, water bottle.
Parking: Parking on the verge is not permitted. If the Swan Riving Rowing Carpark is full, we suggest you park on the other side of Canning Highway, along the Esplanade or the site below which used to be the senior citizens centre.
Disclaimer: Photo/video may be taken at this event. If you do not wish to have photos taken, please let the photographer know if they approach you.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Swan River Rowing Club, 2 The Esplanade, Mount Pleasant, Perth, Australia