Learn to take an ordinary image and transform it into an extraordinary, finished piece. Valuable art principles and important acrylic painting techniques will be discussed while students work through and complete a finished piece.
All painting styles and skill levels are welcome. Also open to oil and pastel painters.
Composition, color, value, techniques
Give your painting depth and perspective
Color choices for impact
Structured but light and fun
Student will get to take home a finished painting!
- Paint colors: titanium white, cadmium yellow medium, hansa yellow light, red rose deep (or quinacridone red), alizarin crimson, ultramarine blue, cobalt teal, payne's grey, and transparent yellow iron oxide
- Canvas: 11x14 or larger
- Brush sizes: #12 and #10 flat bristle, #8 and #6 filbert bristle, and #4 round soft synthetic
- Palette paper
- Palette knife
- Tabletop easel (i.e. something inexpensive, light, foldable)
- Vine charcoal
- Sat, September 4th from 10am-4pm
- Max 10 student occupancy
- Masks required
- Students are encouraged to bring snacks or a bagged lunch
- Outdoor painting space will be open in our private back lot
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Art on 30th - An Arts Community in San Diego, 4434 30th St, San Diego, United States