About this Event
This programme/event is open to members of the National Library Board, Singapore. Please ensure you have your myLibrary username on hand before proceeding with the registration. If you do not have a myLibrary username, you can create one here: https://account.nlb.gov.sg/.
About the Programme
Join us for the launch of this year’s Time of Your Life Celebration that features our esteemed keynote speakers from Japan & Hong Kong. Experience first-hand as well how reminiscence can be used to engage seniors at our on-site activity!
This year’s keynote presentations features:
• Mr Tomohisa Komura from NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corporation - Get inspired by how NHK is doing its part in dementia care! Delving into its extensive archives of old television programs and news footage, NHK has developed an innovative Reminiscence Library to meet the needs of seniors & their caregivers.
• Mrs Rebecca Choy Yung, Golden Age Foundation, Hong Kong – Discover how the Golden Age Foundation (GAF) has been at the forefront of the smart ageing movement in Hong Kong. Since 2015, GAF has been empowering adults aged 45 and above to utilise their creativity, experience and network to tackle social issues through innovative programmes like the Golden Age Docents, Golden Age Fellows, and Buddies.
This session will be held on-site and livestreamed via Zoom.
Spaces are limited so register now! Registration will commence at 2:15pm and all attendees are kindly requested to be seated by 2:45pm.
This is jointly brought to you by the National Library Board (NLB) and Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), with the support of Ngee Ann Kongsi.
About the speaker
Mr Komura Tomohisa joined Japan Broadcasting Corporation (NHK) Archives in 2018, after working as a television programme production director responsible for educational programme production and copyright management in the Copyright and Contracts Department.
He attained his Master's degree in Business Administration from Rikkyo University, Japan, in 2016.
At NHK Archives, he is responsible for overseeing the production of digital archive content, including NHK Reminiscence Library and NHK Broadcast History, as well as managing rights, including copyright processing.
Mrs Rebecca Choy Yung is a pioneering business entrepreneur turned serial social entrepreneur. Since the early 1980s, she has been instrumental in the convention and exhibition industry across Hong Kong, China, Asia, and Europe. She successfully founded, branded, and organised over a dozen world-renowned international trade fairs and conventions, covering a wide spread of industries. Recognised for her efforts in promoting positive societal changes through social innovation and entrepreneurship, Rebecca received the GBA Outstanding Caring Women Entrepreneur Award in 2022 and the Hong Kong Outstanding Active Ageing Women Award in 2021. Her advocacy work includes spearheading initiatives like the Golden Age Movement, Business Innovation Movement, and Education Innovation Movement.
Beyond her entrepreneurial ventures, Rebecca holds prominent positions in the Golden Age Foundation, the Social Enterprise Summit, Education for Good, Ednovators, Dream Impact Hong Kong, B Lab (Hong Kong & Macau). She actively advises and serves as an executive member for numerous NGOs and social enterprises, including Our Hong Kong Foundation and Hong Kong Polytechnic University's Active Ageing Institute. Additionally, Rebecca is an accomplished writer and radio programme host.
Unsure how to register for our programme?
Refer to these guides for more information.
· NLB Mobile App Users – go.gov.sg/toyl-evbm
· Desktop Users – go.gov.sg/toyl-evbd
About Time of Your Life
Organised by the National Library Board, the Time of Your Life (TOYL) features informative talks, creative workshops, learning communities and resources for those aged 50 and above. Covering a wide range of topics such as Digital, Careers, Sustainability, Arts & Wellness, start your learning journey with us today. Visit https://go.gov.sg/toyl for the full programme listing and check out our dedicated publication at https://go.gov.sg/50plusmag.
Please note the following:
· All participants are required to register for a ticket. Each ticket admits 1 person only. Please present your ticket when you enter the library and the event venue.
· Arrive 10 mins before the session commences. Seats of late attendees may be given to those in the waitlist.
· NLB reserves the right to deny entry to participants who do not abide by the ground rules.
· Please note that photos and/or videos of this programme and its participants may be taken.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
National Library, The Pod, 100 Victoria Street, Singapore, Singapore