About this Event
Online Training: Relationship-Based Practice and Making Effective Referrals
Wednesday, February 22 & Thursday, February 23, 2023
Time (both days)
- 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM Eastern
- 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Central
- 7:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific
Location: Zoom webinar to be shared with attendees
Everybody needs help sometimes and when the right assistance comes at the right time, it can be lifesaving. Staff are charged with brokering relationships between families in need and local service providers by providing Information and Referral Services (I&R). This workshop teaches participants how to implement a client-driven, partnership-based approach to I&R where the focus is on building parents’ skills to research and access services as they both build their knowledge of what’s available in the community.
- Understand what relationship-based practice means and how and why it’s important to making effective referrals
- Contextualize Information and Referral services within the context of family support practice
- Learn and practice coaching skills important for meaningful engagement
- Understand the difference between coaching and being a Clinician, a Case Manager, or a Therapist
- Gain insights about effective communication
- Experience key elements of making effective referrals
- Brainstorm barriers and solutions to making effective referrals
- Understand the relationship between the SOAR process and making effective referrals
- Understand how to leverage relationships with providers to assist families with building meaningful connections
Cost: $300.00 per participant.
Participants will be notified by email directly or through their department/organization registration contact. Use of internet applications such as Zoom and Adobe Acrobat or current PDF document viewer required and installed prior to training.
For groups of 10 or more, contact [email protected] for a 10% discount.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Be Strong Families - Online Zoom Training, 1919 W. 22nd PL, Chicago, United States