About this Event
Managing Conflict (With Board, Staff and Volunteers)
Dealing with conflict or sensitive issues involving board, committee, staff and volunteers is challenging, but extremely important to manage in a non-profit. Addressing issues early and improving communication within your groups will create a more respectful, positive and productive culture, helping to improve retention and sustainability for your organisation.
This session will provide non profit board leaders with the foundation for creating an inclusive and respectful culture for your organisation. It will help to identify potential issues of conflict and have strategies for addressing concerns and opinions in a non-threatening way.
What you will learn
Following the workshop participants you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of creating a transparent and inclusive culture
- Identify potential challenges which exist within organisational groups
- Introduce strategies to improve communication and prevent potential conflict
- Understand how to create respectful interactions
- Be assertive and express opinions in a non-threatening way
- Use varying forms of feedback in differing situations
This workshop with provide leaders with the confidence to be proactive in preventing conflict and be able to improve communication and create respectful interactions, which embraces differences. The session is experiential in nature, allowing time for all leaders to practice handling issues in real life scenarios.
Who should attend?
This program is designed for board and committee members, managers, leaders and funding committees.
Location: Delivered online via Zoom Meeting
Contact: 1300 144 113 or [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays