About this Event
Governance Training for Non Profit Organisations
Governance is a system of checks and balances which help leaders of not for profit organisations steer and grow their organisation. It leads to a positive board experience, proper management of conflict of interest and risk, good understanding and planning for financial controls and an organisation that thrives even through adversity.
That sounds simple yet not for profit and charitable boards and committees must wade through the complex legal and regulatory environment in which they operate. This governance training delivered online will make this easier by helping your organisation to prioritise your work plan and achieve best practice framework.
Not only will your organisation benefit, but also your members, funders and donors who will gain greater confidence when good governance and transparency are in place and greater value can be delivered to the community.
What you will learn
- Assess if good governance is in place for your group
- Understand the Board's role in planning
- Oversight and monitor the finances
- Develop a framework to manage risk
- Identify the entity’s legal structure and the compliance implications for this
- Outline the roles and responsibilities of the Board
- Understand the legal duties of Board members
- Identify and manage conflicts of interest
This program is a practical, informative, comprehensive, fun and effective for all members of the board. It is customised with the outcome framework, which guides and prioritises the work plan for the board to achieve best practice governance.
Who should attend?
Board members, Treasurers, Managers and Leaders from non-profit organisations.
Location: Delivered online via Zoom Meeting
Contact: 1300 144 113 or [email protected]
Event Venue & Nearby Stays