About this Event
Do you know that the first HDB flats, branch library and polyclinic are located in Queenstown?
My Tanglin Halt Heritage Tour traces the evolution of Queenstown as Singapore's first satellite town. The tour visits landmarks such as the first HDB flats along Stirling Road, the former Malayan railways and black & white bungalows at Wessex estate.
Participants will hear first-hand accounts of the charming neighbourhood from long time residents in Tanglin Halt.
Who should come?
- Everyone is welcome to participate in this exciting tour!
Duration & Meeting Place
- Approximate Duration: 3 hours
- Language: English
- Please arrive at Queenstown MRT Station (near Mr Bean, #02-06, on the concourse level, opposite the gantry for Exits A and B) 15 minutes before 8.30am.
- The tour will proceed rain or shine
What to bring?
- Wear a mask, comfortable clothes and suitable shoes
- Bring along hand sanitizer, insect repellent, EZ-Link card, a bottle of water and an umbrella
- Asthmatic individuals are encouraged to bring their inhaler.
- If you have earphones (with a standard 3.5mm audio jack) please bring them along, as we will be using radio guides for the tour!
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
- All participants must wear a mask, unless eating, drinking or performing strenuous activity.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the tour starts to allow enough time for temperature taking, a health declaration form, and SafeEntry check-in before the tour starts
- Participants will be placed into two groups of five for this tour using differently coloured stickers. Please keep a one-metre safe distance from other participants, and do not interact with participants from another group.
- By agreeing to participate in the tour, participants will be responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage due to carelessness of other actions on his/her part or that of children under his/her charge.
- It is compulsory for a parent/guardian to accompany any child of or under the age of 12
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Queenstown MRT Station (Near Mr Bean), 301 Commonwealth Avenue, Singapore, Singapore