About this Event
This course includes:
✔️Downloadable source material(s)
✔️Full lifetime access
✔️Certificate of Participation (powered by The Mindshop School Program)
✔️A chance for a free ticket to other workshops/masterclass under The Mindshop School
What is this course about?
In many startups, there is a lack of understanding between what the business development folks are doing and what the product developers are doing. The goal here is to create harmony between the two
because if it doesn’t exist, disaster will strike. If the concept that the business developers are peddling to the end-user doesn’t line up with the realities of development capabilities or timing, you’re going to be hitting a rock bottom sooner than you anticipate. In this course, learn to find the balance between business development and product development.
The key aspects of effective Product Ownership include:
- Focus on Outcome over Output
- Build and maintain a shared understanding
- Make decisions
What you’ll learn:
- How to set a product vision
- How to create a product roadmap
- How to break down features into epics and user stories
- How to group stories with categorization (using my bucket approach)
- How to prioritize your Product Backlog and Roadmap
Highly recommended pre-requisite: Create better products with design thinking (FUNDAMENTALS) - Contact me [email protected]
Who needs to attend?
Recommended for Early-stage startups and innovative teams within corporate firms
Limited Slots to 15 Attendees for Quality Q&A
- Entrepreneurs: Solo Rider
- Founder teams: CXOs
- Designers: UX/UI Designers, Product Managers
- Builders: Engineers/Devs
- Freelancers: Self-employed one-business Boss
- Consultants: Self-employed mentors/Coaches
- User Interface designers who wish to expand their career towards Design Thinking Umbrella (focus on UX Design)
Who Am I?
In one word: a Polymath
- 2019 Recipient of MU School of Medicine's Donald Lindberg Award for Health IT Innovation
- R&D manager, Duke University
- Former University Lecturer at ENSET Biomedical Engineering School
- Peer Reviewer at IEEE Journal of Biomedical & Health Informatics (JBHI)
- Peer Reviewer at Journal for Medical Internet Research (JMIR)
- Public Speaker: USA, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Morocco, Philippines (+30 talks)
- Author of “Gamified Psychosphere”
- HIT | Design Thinking Consultant at medverselab.com
- Holder of Engineering Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering and Management with Specialization in Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced Degree (MS.PhD) in Health Informatics
- Co-founder of TechVerse Coworking Space, Rabat City, Morocco – the first tech-oriented coworking space in the kingdom.
- Industrial background in Early-Startup Business Management and Operations (since I managed an incubator at Techverse)
- Chief Software Architect of Sutures App – Gamified Gastro-intestinal e-Surgery Simulator (Check it out! )
- Research Fellow at the University of Missouri’s Center for Biomedical Informatics.
- Chief Design Thinker / Information Architect at Sinclair School of Nursing – HEAR App
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Pre-Recorded, ., WASHINGTON, United States