About this Event
What is Mindfulness?
“Mindfulness is a conscious effort to be completely present – to set aside worry, expectations and other thoughts and emotions to be fully aware of the current moment. Mindfulness can be used to enrich your life, calm your mind and even improve your health.” Source: Special Report Oct 2013, Mayo Clinic
Who is this for?
Parents or grandparents who have little or no knowledge of mindfulness and wish to learn how to apply it in supporting their child's or grandchild's growth and development.
What are some expected outcomes of the course?
- Reduction in stress level
- Happier interpersonal relationships with your children and spouse
- More positive outlook
- Improved health and sleep
Date: August 18,25, Sep 1 & 8
No of Sessions: 4
Trainer: Adj. A/Prof Angie Chew, CEO & Mindfulness Principal
$160 | $32 for seniors eligible for National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy*
*NSA subsidy is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 and above.
- In addition to NSA subsidy, course fee may be offset by SkillsFuture Credit (SFC).
- First, course participants are to make payment for the course through Brahm Centre Eventbrite page.
- They should claim with SFC before the course start date through the SkillsFuture portal. Click for steps to submit SFC claim.
- Brahm Centre will reimburse the amount that is successfully claimed upon receipt of the funds from SFC.
- Please note that payments for courses are non-refundable.
- Do ensure that you are able to attend the first session of the course before registering for the course as you will not be allowed to continue with the course should you miss the first session.
- Request for transfers or make up-classes for selected mindfulness courses are subjected to availability and fees of $30 for transfers and $10 for make-up are applicable.
All participants in the MFC course are invited to take part in a collaborative research study between Brahm Centre and Duke-NUS Medical School. We will send you an email within a week with more details of this study, which is questionnaire-based. It will take about 1 hour in your own time and you will be compensated $15.
About Our Trainer
Assoc Prof Chew is the Founder and CEO of Brahm Centre, a charity with 40 staff, dedicated to promoting healthier and happier living. She is a certified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Dot-b and Paws b mindfulness teacher.
She is also an Adjunct Associate Professor of mindfulness at the National University of Singapore. She has taught mindfulness to more than 10,000 people across all ages.
Her corporate clients extend across various industry sectors - Finance: DBS Bank, Goldman Sachs, UBS, Bank of Singapore, OCBC, Great Eastern Life; Healthcare Ministry of Health, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, SingHealth, Institute of Mental Health, Agency for Integrated Health, Singapore Cancer Centre, KK Hospital, Community Psychology Hub; Education: NUS, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, Hwa Chong , Raffles, Nanyang Girls, St Patrick, St Gabriel, St Anthony Cannossian, Dunman etc; Government agencies include Public Service Division, Govtech, MOH, MOE, URA, HPB, NHB etc.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Brahm Centre @ Newton, 47 Scotts Road, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 32.00 to SGD 160.00