About this Event
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program, developed by Dr Jon Kabat Zinn at the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Medical School in 1979, consists of eight classes and one all-day class. There are 31 hours of learning and practice hours in total.
MBSR is a well-defined and systematic patient-centred educational approach that uses relatively intensive training in mindfulness meditation as the core of a program to teach people how to take better care of themselves and live healthier and more adaptive lives.
What are some expected outcomes of the course?
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels in many instances
- Improve your focus, resilience and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
Who is this for?
People who are interested in an in-depth exploration of mindfulness with an emphasis on stress reduction. Suitable for adults and teenagers 16 and above.
8 Classes : Oct 20-Dec 8 | 6:30pm - 9pm Wednesdays
Full day retreat: Sunday Nov 28, 9:00 am - 5:00pm. The Retreat will be conducted onsite at Brahm Centre Tampines.
$550 | $110 for seniors eligible for National Silver Academy (NSA) subsidy*
*NSA subsidy is for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents aged 50 and above.
Course fee may be offset by ^SkillsFuture Credit (SFC). First, course participants are to make payment for the course through Brahm Centre Eventbrite page, followed by claim with SFC. Brahm Centre will reimburse the amount that is successfully claim upon receipt of the funds from SFC. More details on SFC will be provided upon registration.
- Please note that payments for courses are non-refundable.
- Do ensure that you are able to attend the first session of the course before registering for the course as you will not be allowed to continue with the course should you miss the first session.
- Request for transfers or make up-classes for selected mindfulness courses are subjected to availability and fees of $30 for transfers and $10 for make-up are applicable.
Adj A/P Mabel Yap, is a medical doctor and public heath specialist with a PhD in human nutrition. Her day job revolves around standards in training and assessment of healthcare professionals in Singapore.
Her passion is in promoting wellness and healing, especially to those in the caring professions, through teaching mindfulness and art. She is trained as a MBSR teacher at Brown School of Public Helath and MSC teacher at the Centre for Mindful Self Compassion, and has been teaching mindfulness related courses with Brahm centre for about a year.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Brahm Centre @ Newton, 47 Scotts Road, Singapore, Singapore
SGD 110.00 to SGD 550.00