About this Event
Rapidly expanding research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional well-being, less anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise and more satisfying personal relationships.
Those connected to self-compassion demonstrate an increased ability to self-soothe and the intention to focus on feelings of warmth and reassurance towards the self during difficult times. Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion.
While mindfulness increases our awareness of the present, self-compassion encourages greater kindness and understanding during periods of suffering. It also helps us accept our flaws and better understand our challenges.
During this empirically supported program, participants will learn to: motivate themselves with kindness rather than criticism, develop skills of self-compassion to manage difficult emotions, transform challenging relationships and foster goodwill and practice the art of savouring and self-appreciation.
Feedback from previous attendees:
- "Leanne was brilliant: knowledgeable, patient and understanding."
- "Leanne was outstanding in all areas."
- "She was incredibly warm, generous with her delivery of knowledge, authentic and genuine."
- "It was a privilege to be part of this class."
- "I really enjoyed Leanne's teaching style: she was very respectful of participants' privacy, and ensured we were comfortable at all times."
- "Super facilitation of a wonderful course."
About me: As well as being a Certified Mindful Self-Compassion Teacher, I am a senior psychologist with over 20 years experience. I provide a nurturing, creative space which offers warmth, humour and safety.
If you have any further questions please contact me on [email protected] or visit my website at www.drleannemcevoy.com
- Thursday 4th November 2021 > Monday 20th December 2021 6pm - 9pm
- (7 Thursday evenings + 1 Monday evening)
- Includes half day retreat Sunday 28th November 10am - 2pm
Please note: The stated ticket price of £55 is a deposit to reserve your place. The full price for the course is £295 - which includes eight 3-hour sessions, one half-day retreat and all materials - is payable (minus the deposit) up to 7 days before the course commences.
Concessionary rates and weekly payment plans are both available, please contact me for more details.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Ashley Vale Action Group - Wildgoose Space, 228 Mina Road, Bristol, United Kingdom