About this Event
This course is ideal for individuals who would like to become an MHFAider® to gain the knowledge and skills to spot signs of people experiencing poor mental health, be confident to start a conversation and signpost a person to appropriate support.
In addition to the course, you will become part of the largest MHFAider® community in England, gaining access to resources, ongoing learning and 24/7 digital support through our MHFAider Support App®, to give you the tools and knowledge you need to carry out the role effectively and confidently, whether that be in your workplace, a volunteer role, or in the community.
Through the MHFAider Support App®️ you can access 24/7 digital support along with exclusive resources, ongoing learning opportunities and the benefit of joining England’s largest community of trained MHFAiders®️.
- As an MHFAider®️ you will be able to:
- Recognise those that may be experiencing poor mental health and provide them with first-level support and early intervention
- Encourage a person to identify and access sources of professional help and other supports
- Practise active listening and empathy
- Have a conversation with improved mental health literacy around language and stigma
- Discuss the MHFAider®️ role in depth, including boundaries and confidentiality
- Practise self-care
- Know how to use the MHFAider Support App®️
- Know how to access a dedicated text service provided by Shout and ongoing learning opportunities with MHFA England
- Everyone who completes this course gets:
- A hard copy workbook to support their learning throughout the course
- A digital manual to refer to whenever they need it after completing the course
- A wallet-sized reference card with the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A digital MHFAider® certificate
- Access to the MHFAider Support App®️ for three years
- Access to ongoing learning opportunities, resources and exclusive events
- The opportunity to be part of the largest MHFAider® community in England
Once you complete the Mental Health First Aid course, you can test your knowledge and build your confidence in your role as an MHFAider® with the internationally recognised MHFAider® qualification, RSPH Level 3 Award in Mental Health First Aid.
About the trainer
Jo-Anne delivers courses relating to safeguarding, disability and mental health. Jo-Anne is the founder of Together Minds CIC which is a multi-award-winning training provider. Together Minds is a non-for-profit Community Interest Company based in the West Midlands. They use the lived experiences of the founder and directors to support the mental health of disabled individuals and their family members. They are a community and volunteer led organisation and ensure they focus on their services being co-produced within the local community. They have a team of volunteers that support with their individual projects. The organisation was founded in 2016. Jo-Anne has over 20 years’ experience of senior management roles specialising in safeguarding and disability and mental health within the third sector. Jo-Anne is a highly experienced trainer with a strong commitment to delivering interactive, engaging, and stimulating learning experiences to drive forward change.
“Jo-Anne possesses all the attributes necessary to deliver excellent training, she is diligent, responsive, and observant. We can't thank her enough for her professionalism, flexibility, expertise, and hard work in helping us as an organisation” (Registered Manager).
Terms & Conditions
Once a space has been reserved and paid in full your Booking is confirmed and these terms and conditions together constitute a legally binding contract between BVSC and the booker/organisation.
Cancellations and postponementsOnce training place has been confirmed, cancellations will be charged on the following basis:More than 30 working days’ notice: No ChargeBetween 11 and 30 working days’ notice: 50% Charge10 working days’ notice or less: 100% Charge
All cancellations should be made in writing and will be effective at the time and on the date received by BVSC.Where possible every effort will be made to re-sell cancelled space to minimise cancellation charges to the Hirer.Any bookings that wish to postpone will be subject to cancellation charges as set out previously.If BVSC must cancel the training course for any reason a full refund will be made to each delegate, unless they wish to take a credit for alternative training.
Payment terms and VAT
Full payment is required at time of booking. If an invoice has been requested, this must be paid in full no later than 7 days prior to the date of the training. Failure to do so could result in the delegate being turned away on the day.All prices are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate.BVSC reserves the right to alter prices or other details shown for training on its website without notice. Tariffs are reviewed annually and implemented on the 1st January every year.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
BVSC, First Floor, Livery Place, Birmingham, United Kingdom