About this Event
If you think Medieval Times Dinner and Tournament is the closest you'll ever get to the epic knight duels from medieval Europe, then think again. One organization in New York City is training the next generation of medieval knights to be able to compete in modern-day armored combat tournaments around the world — are you ready to start thy noble journey?
Join New York Adventure Club for a heart-pumping introductory workout class to the NYC knight training program — also known as Gladiator HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training), this newly-developed workout discipline features combat and self-defense tactics adapted from fighting techniques actually used amongst medieval knights.
Led by the two founding instructors of the Gladiator NYC program, who were recently featured on the History Channel's Knight Fight program, our fun, safe, and very active experience will include:
- An overview of the basic fundamentals of NYC knight moves, and how the high-intensity workout style came to be
- Core movements, exercises, and group training drills that will help you become an effective NYC knight
- A demonstration on medieval combat techniques, including sword-wielding, hand-to-hand combat, and proper defense tactics
- The opportunity to apply your learnings in a foam-sword duel against an instructor, along with a chance to watch both instructors show off the fighting style at full speed
- A showcase of authentic medieval armor and weapons to see what professional armored combat fighters use in competitions throughout the world — training with real equipment can only begin after students are properly prepared after multiple classes and understand the risks involved with full-contact fighting with steel weapons and armor
After our workshop concludes, stick around to watch the veteran warriors of Gladiators NYC duke it out in full combat gear.
Whether you're an athlete or fighter, someone who likes a non-traditional workout, or simply a lover of all-things-medieval, then this introductory workout to becoming a 21st-century knight is perfect for thee!
*Some level of athleticism is recommended
**Must be 13 or older to participate
***Please bring water and a pair of comfortable closed-toe shoes as we’ll be on our feet for the duration of the experience
****This introductory workshop will not involve wearing armor or wielding medieval weapons
*****Participants will be required to fill out a liability waiver before the experience begins
******After registering, see the 'additional information' section of your order confirmation for other important details
"It was amazing! The extra care and individual attention from the teacher was amazing. And the fact that we got to watch the show after was nice!" -Miranda
"Was fun learning how to sword fight" -Lorraine
By attending a New York Adventure Club experience, you accept our terms of service.
Photo Credit: All photos taken by Tadej Znidarcic
Categories: In-Person, Instructional
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Central Park (See Confirmation Email for Exact Meeting Location), 79th Street and Fifth Avenue, New York, United States