About this Event
You know that marketing is one of the keys to success. But you don’t think you have the time or the money to manage consistent, effective marketing activities. This three-hour class will cover the basics (what exactly is marketing—and what isn’t) and provide you with practical, low-cost strategies to increase awareness, drive leads, and boost your revenue.
The session will provide you with tools for creating your own marketing materials, identifying and communicating with your target market, and positioning your business as the right choice to customers. Don’t worry if buzzy marketing words aren’t your thing—this will be practical advice, easy to understand and implement. There will be plenty of time for Q&A, and a workbook to use as you go through the class.
All participants will leave with a toolkit of resources, including templates, worksheets, and helpful links. Small business owners are encouraged to send key employees if they are unable to attend themselves.
What To Expect:
Participants will be able to speak and interact with the instructor and others. There will be ample time for Q&A at the end, but we also have plenty of group discussions planned during the session as well. There will be two ten-minute breaks to allow for checking your email, grabbing a cup of coffee, etc.
- All participants will receive a follow-along workbook to take notes, follow instructions, and complete exercises during the session.
- Presentation slides and exercises will be provided to all participants.
- Participants will also get a free toolkit - a collection of templates, forms, worksheets, and other resources that will be made available at the end of the class. This is intended to provide additional information and support as you continue on the path to marketing your business.
This workshop is eligible for the City of Austin Small Business Skills Certificate program. Participants who complete six courses in the program are recognized in an awards ceremony at City Hall with other local business and community leaders.
Who Should Attend?
- Small business owners
- Freelancers, writers, and consultants
- Nonprofit professionals
- Anyone looking to increase awareness for their organization
- People with products and services to sell
- Both new and established businesses
- Communications Managers
- The person who just inherited "the marketing" at work, now in a state of panic
The City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Reasonable modifications and equal access to communications will be provided upon request - including translation and interpretation services. For assistance, please contact the Economic Development Department at 512-974-7819. The City receives and accepts Video Relay Service (VRS) calls from people who are Deaf or hard-of-hearing through Relay Texas 7-1-1.
Map to City of Austin Small Business Division, 5202 E. Ben White, Suite 400
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
City of Austin Small Business Program, 5202 E Ben White Blvd., Austin, United States
USD 12.50 to USD 25.00