About this Event
Certificate: None Language: English
Duration: 2 Days Credits: 16 PDUs
Course Delivery: Classroom/ Virtual/ On-site
Course Description :
This three-day course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) programme management methodology, providing the knowledge needed to confidently understand and explain the use of MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and the its day-to-day running. Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts who have extensive experience using MSP, the course includes a relevant, modern case study to help delegates understand how to apply the MSP way of managing programmes in the real world. There is also plenty of opportunity for participants to present their exercise results and discuss them with the rest of the class, thus gaining further knowledge from many different points of view, in many different industries.
Course Outline :
● MSP�� Introduction and Overview - What is a programme? What is programme management? MSP�� Structure
● MSP�� Framework and Concepts - Principles, governance themes, transformational flow, management strategies and plans.
● VISION - What is a ���vision'? What makes a good Vision Statement?
● Identifying a Programme - Programme Mandate. Linking to Policy and Strategy. Preparing a Programme Brief. Planning to Define the Program.
● Blueprint Design and Delivery - What is a Blueprint, and what does it contain? Developing a Blueprint from the Vision Statement.
● Defining a Programme - Creating a Programme Definition Document (including the Project Dossier, the Programme Plan and the Programme Business Case).
● Planning and Control - What is a Programme Plan and how is it developed? The Project Dossier. Resourcing and scheduling.
● Benefits Realisation Management - The key driver for the program. How benefits realisation links to achieving strategic objectives. Outcome relationship models and Benefit Maps. Planning for benefits realisation.
● Organisation and the Programme Office - Organisation and leadership. Organisational structure, the key roles and their responsibilities. What is a Programme Office and what service does it provide.
● The Business Case - Developing, managing and reviewing the program's Business Case.
● Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement - Leadership as opposed to management. How ���leaders' actively engage stakeholders. Analysing and engaging with stakeholders. Stakeholder maps and matrices.
● Managing the Tranches - Implementing governance arrangements. Establishing tranches. Managing risks and issues.
● Delivering the Capability and Realising the benefits Co-ordinating and managing projects on the Project Dossier. Starting and closing projects. Maintaining alignment with the program. Ensuring that project outputs are fit for purpose and can be integrated into operations, so that benefits can be realised. Pre-transition, transition and post-transition activities.
● Quality and Assurance Management - Critical Success Factors. The scope of programme quality and assurance management. Quality processes. Configuration Management. Quality Management Strategy and Plan. Information Management Strategy and Plan.
● Risk Management and Issue Resolution- Principles, approach and strategy for managing risks and resolving issues. Managing and controlling changes in programmes.
● Closing a Programme- Formal confirmation of completion. Finalizing programme information.
Target Audience :
● Newly appointed programme managers who may have a background in managing projects, but have not previously operated in a transformational change environment.
● Senior managers who will sponsor the change, or perhaps be held accountable for its success.
● Operational managers charged with embedding the change in their area.
● Operational staff undertaking a role in the programme or related projects.
● Programme office staff (PMO) wishing to build upon their project management knowledge.
● Experienced project managers.
● Those seeking a professional qualification in programme management.
Learning Objectives :
● Understand the principles and structure of MSP.
● Understand the benefits of a structured method in a changing environment.
● Explain the MSP process model.
● Understand the MSP themes.
● Draft a Programme brief and Vision Statement.
● Propose a Programme organisation structure.
● Engage with stakeholders at all levels.
● Understand the vision and the blueprint and how they can be applied to the best advantage.
● Apply progress control mechanisms.
● Appreciate the principles of programme level quality and risk management.
● Realize the importance of configuration management
Course Agenda :
● MSP® Introduction and Overview
● MSP® Framework and Concepts
● Identifying a Programme
● Blueprint Design and Delivery
● Defining a Programme
● Planning and Control
● Benefits Realisation Management
● Organisation and the Programme Office
● The Business Case
● Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
● Managing the Tranches
● Delivering the Capability and Realising the benefits
● Quality and Assurance Management
● Risk Management and Issue Resolution
● Closing a Programme
However, catering to the demands of busy professionals, our virtual training programs are as effective as face-to-face learning. Reach us at [email protected] for dates and details of Instructor Led Live Virtual Sessions.
If you would like to get this course customized and delivered exclusively for your group, we have an On-Site Training Option, you can reach us at [email protected] for more details about on-site or corporate training.
Groups of 3 people 10% Discount
Groups of 5 people 15% Discount
Groups of 10 people 20% Discount
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
For venue details reach us at: [email protected], +1 469 666 9332, Boston, United States
USD 1095.00 to USD 1295.00