About this Event
After completion of this session, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss causes and symptoms of iron deficiency and iron deficiency anaemia.
- Perform, diagnose and identify suitable therapy for your patients.
- Assess the risks versus the benefits and learn how to prevent adverse outcomes, of iron infusion.
- Discuss management options available in primary care settings, such as oral therapy and IV infusion.
Download event flyer
Dr Kathryn Robinson, Senior Haematologist, Central Adelaide Local Health Network
Dr Daniel Byrne, General Practitioner, Chandlers Hill Surgery
Joy Gailer, Senior Pharmacist, Drug and Therapeutics Information Service
1. As a precaution, limited seats are available for this session. Whilst this session is free of charge, non-attendance will incur a $30 cancellation fee if notification is not received 72 hours prior to the session.
2. Due to COVID–19, all participants will be requested to use the hand sanitiser at entry and masks will be available for participants who would like to use them. We have booked private rooms at the venues and seating will be arranged within the social distancing requirements.
3. All attendees will be asked to check-in at the venue via the QR code provided or by filling out the check-in form, as recommended by SA Health.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Mawson Lakes Hotel, 10 Main St, Adelaide, Australia