About this Event
A co-design table for fashion and textile designers, pattern makers, tailors creative talents and students to tackle the problem of wasting garments by designing bottom-up circular strategies.
Fri 3rd of March h 2.30 – 6.30 PM CET
A deep-dive on digital fabrication technologies, circular strategies and methodologies for fashion, such as parametric and algorithmic design for repair:
- Parametric and algorithmic design for repair: tools for creating customized complex geometries in few clicks
- Digital manufacturing technologies that can speed up fashion prototyping and repairing, and will be ever more present in future garment production.
- Tweaking and hacking traditional technologies: some traditional textiles technology can be hacked and tweaked to fit new needs, and others can be transferred to fashion industry to innovate the production process and make it more sustainable
Sat 4th of March h 10 AM – 7 PM CET
Divided in groups led by OpenDot and Linda Zamboni – teacher of sustainability of fashion at Istituto Marangoni, and guided by mentors from the fashion industry, participants will work on garments provided by VestiSolidale to analyse issues of emotional and physical durability, and re-make them in a more durable way.
Every team will receive a kit with a selection of garments, spare fabrics, tools and components, and a specific challenge to tackle.
Every participant will:
- learn how to include repairability and durability by design in their practice;
- learn new methodologies and digital fabrication techniques;
- frame a new narrative for a durable and desirable fashion by doing and experimenting with others;
- embrace a sustainable mindset that include repairability and durability by design in their practice;
Together we will analyse and design how to extend the durability of garments thanks to aesthethical improvement – such as adding meaning, memories, personalisation, changing appearance etc, and physical improvement – such as creative and sustainable repair, functional fixing, reinforce, upcycling etc.
OpenDot, via Tertulliano 68 Milano
Limited places available, subscribe
Deadline application: 15.02
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
OpenDot, via Tertulliano 68, Milano, Italy