About this Event
Join us to hear from our legal experts about key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices, as well as important forthcoming legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR. We are holding face-to-face seminars at our regional offices and a webinar for those who would prefer to attend remotely.
Our legal experts will explain:
- key employment law decisions from the last six months and how these might impact on your practices; and
- important legislative and Government policy developments that are relevant to HR.
In our case law update, we will consider recent court decisions exploring issues including holiday pay calculations, redundancy and harassment on grounds of disability.
The in-person events will also include a section on supporting employees who are affected by the menopause – including whether to have a menopause policy in place and considering appropriate training. (Note that this section will not be included in the online webinar session.)
We will then share insights on key legislative and policy developments, including:
- changes to flexible working;
- neonatal care leave;
- redundancy protection for employees on or returning from family-related leave;
- proposed reforms to data protection law and guidance; and
- update on the Retained EU Law (Reform and Revocation) Act 2023.
Attendance in person provides an opportunity for networking and to engage in a Q&A discussion with our expert speakers.
Timings: Coffee and registration from 09:30 for a 10:00 - 12:00 session.
Ideally suited for: HR professionals and senior managers.
Make UK Member Ticket: Free
Non-Member Ticket: Free. Join Make UK today: https://www.makeuk.org/become-a-member/make-uk-membership
For further HR & Employment Law support, please visit our website: https://www.makeuk.org/services/hr-and-legal
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Engineers House, The Promenade, Bristol, United Kingdom