Learn the skills you need to feel empowered to create! Making helps us improve our lives and the lives of others in our community. Whether you’re a professional maker or exploring a new hobby, everyone has something exciting to learn during Make Fest sponsored by Burns & McDonnell.
• Join Burns & McDonnell STEM professionals to discover how power is delivered to our communities. Tour an electrical substation through a Virtual Reality headset, check out actual substation components, and explore the basics of an electrical circuit with conductors and insulators.
• Stop by KidsTown for maker-inspired StoryTimes and activities
• Put your maker skills to the test or learn a new one in The Hive: A Makerspace with hands-on activities and demos
• Join a 3D Design workshop in The Hive led by Black Architects in the Making
• Meet out local makers from UCF, IKEA, Weavers of Orlando, Kindred Owl Studio, artist Matthew Sutton, Libo Garcia, Dread Knot Woodshop, and Current Mood Curations
• Check out explosive live science shows and programming
• And more!
We'd like to thank Burns & McDonnell for sponsoring this event and their commitment to STEM and teaching STEM right here in Central Florida!
Check out their ever-growing collection of STEM stories, tools and activities at burnsmcd.com/STEMresources and follow @BurnsMacSTEM on social.
This event is included in admission to Orlando Science Center, which is FREE for members*, $21 for adults, $19 for seniors and students, and $15 for youth (ages 2 – 11). Tickets include access to all four floors of exhibits, giant-screen and 3D educational films, and live programming. Tickets are available online only at www.osc.org/tickets
SCIENCE FOR ALL – General Admission Access Program:
If you have an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) or WIC card with a State-issued photo ID matching the name and state as the card, you qualify for a $3 admission per person for up to six individuals.
*To become a member for unlimited access to Orlando Science Center all year long, discounts to camps, and special member-only events, visit www.osc.org/membership or call 407.514.2158.
As a prerequisite for admission, we are asking all guests to wear a face covering.
While in attendance, all guests are asked to please follow social distancing guidelines and wash or disinfect hands frequently.
For full details on the modifications we’ve made to our experience and our health and safety procedures, please see the building reopening plan: www.osc.org/reopening-plan/
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Orlando Science Center, 777 E Princeton St, Orlando, United States