About this Event
This event page is for the 6pm show ($0-donation). If you wish to go to the 8pm show instead ($20), please go to . Thank you for your supporting the arts!
“Lost in Space” is a sci-fi bio-mystery set in 1963 during the Space Race. Tethered by the symphonics of a chamber orchestra and spoken word artistry (Bluz) interlaced with crafted hiphop, we follow Ludmilla (a Lost Cosmonaut) on her journey beyond the reach of Earth.
Isolated. Weightless. A celestial starscape expanding while the Earthship dwindles below, and a transient Orb observes Ludmilla's ascension beyond the struggles of humanity. From above, she witnesses Earth’s magnificent ecosystem glowing in simultaneous day and night. Shimmering aurora borealis. Dust drifting from Africa to South America. No borders - just a remote source of Life, suspended in the Heavens. A separate reality from the violence, poverty, injustice, and pollution seen up close.
The Orb tells Ludmilla that our species must first cross the great divide of our own illusions of limitations and barriers. Our existence depends on our ability to transcend.
- Producer: Elizabeth Kowalski
- Co-Artistic Directors: Master Kie, RoyalCity Lif, Scott McLaughlin
- Spoken Word Artist: Bluz Rogers
- Composers: Master Kie, RoyalCity Lif, Elizabeth Kowalski, Scott McLaughlin, Fred Dunlap III, Meng-Tung Lee, and Sahasra Anumolu
- Astronaut aerialist: Stryx
Your Neighborhood Orchestra (YNO) [chamber]:
- Kari Giles, Violin
- Charlie Wofford, Cello
- Kania Mills, Clarinet/Saxophones
- David Mickus, French Horn
- Deanna Glenn, Bass Clarinet
- Kaylin Stewart, Harp
- Fred Dunlap, Drumset/Percussion
- Scott McLaughlin, Percussion/Live Processing
- Elizabeth Kowalski, Conductor/Vocalist/Live Processing
This project was supported by ASC, and the North Carolina Arts Council, a division of the Department of Natural and Cultural Resources. www.NCArts.org.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Charlotte Art League, 4237 Raleigh Street, Charlotte, United States
USD 0.00 to USD 6.00