Working closely with the Director, students will be given scenes suited to casting type, strength and natural performance, where they will gain an understanding of rehearsal techniques used in the industry.
This workshop will arm you with the skills required to deliver a credible cinematic performance and give you confidence when stepping onto set with the crew. Build your confidence in performance, grasp the technical requirements of a screen actor and break down the structures of performing a scene with other actors under the guidance of an award winning director.
TO WHOM IT IS FOR
For actors (advanced and beginners), performers, directors, writers and artists.
WHAT YOU GET
• You will learn key questions you need to ask of any character you might play.
• Work through a short scene provided and extract facts about the character and understand what can be built from these.
• Break down the structure of the scene to understand the character’s journey.
• You will cover a scene that’s broken into units of action and work out what is happening in each unit.
• Actors in pairs will then break down a scene on their own to work out the character journey.
• Pairs will then apply each segment to a performance to gauge how it guides you through the scene.
• The group will then summarise and understand how these techniques apply to filming.
• Price: €350 inc. VAT 24%
• Dates & time: 30. - 31.8.2021 / Monday & Tuesday 15:00 - 21:00
• Location: Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki
• Place is limited and will be filled on a 'first-come-first-serve' basis.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior to the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook here.
Tim Kent is a multi-award winning director with over 25 years experience working at the forefront of the British film industry. After running a successful talent agency in London's West-End for 12 years, representing many household names, in 2008 his focus shifted towards directing and producing films and coaching screen acting. Tim has directed over 200 projects including showreels and award winning films for which his talent has been recognised internationally. In 2016 his film 'Prowler' won the prestigious Best British Film at the Portsmouth International Film Festival gaining victory over 500 other entries, including feature length films. In 2013 'Two Persons Max' won the Award of Excellence at the Los Angeles Movie Awards and in 2012 'At Your Service' received a Best Film nomination at the London Independent Film Festival. Based at the legendary Pinewood Studios, Tim is surrounded by a thriving community of some of the most influential filmmakers in the world including Academy Award winners. He has worked as a producer on a number of high profile films including Hollywood features. His debut feature 'Sparrow's Call' is set to commence filming in Romania in 2018 with a crew led by some of the best creatives working in the film industry today.
"Tim is a professional in the truest sense of the word. His knowledge and experience and how he shares and directs are both educational and inspiring."
- Juhana Stolt
"So much fun as well as learning and getting some good tips. Tim immediately put everyone at ease and kept a good vibe going each day. The two filming days were great fun, lovely crew and working with two directors was also good experience. I would definitely recommend Tim Kent to anyone I know looking for experience in front of the camera and in need of showreel. I would definitely be interested in any other kinds of workshops."
- Nicole Massie
"I am eternally grateful to Tim for creating courses that help you achieve so much on multi levels within a short timeframe. Superb and supportive direction from Tim Kent on Single Cam. Such a kind crew that always puts you at your ease. Tim Kent is simply a must for every actor who wants to make that transition into film and television."
- Alison Foster
"After having completed a few courses in on-screen acting, I cannot recommend the workshop I did with Tim Kent enough. Just in a day alone, I learnt more than I had after a month elsewhere. Tim who took the workshop was very knowledgeable and great to work with."
- Holly Etheridge
“Tim has great energy and passion for the craft - as well as lots of international experience in film-making - and it shows. It was great to be learning with him and also getting to understand what is expected from the actor - on bigger film-sets too. Tim’s tips and guidance was clear and very practical. All in all I feel I learned a lot and started to feel way more comfortable in front of the camera."
- Erin Lauren
"Tim Kent is a very good director and coach. Although the niveau of the participants was diverse, the team and Tim Kent achieved a learning effect for all of us. Really looking forward for the final scenes and I would not hesitate to recommend."
- Josephine Ehlert
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki, Finland