Always fantasised about a career in acting? This is where you can test the waters in a supportive, safe and fun environment amongst others who are in the same boat.
TO WHOM IT IS FOR
This course is for absolutely anyone who is curious about acting. Whether you have done something before, or not, you are welcome.
WHAT YOU GET
An overall introduction to the world and the craft of Acting. We will cover a variety of mediums and you get a taster of many aspects of the field, and a feel for what inspires and excites you. We will ease into the Acting techniques through the Sanford Meisner approach to connect with ourselves and others and find means of authentic expression.
Session 1: Improvisation-enjoy the self discovery behind improv within a dramatic and comedic context, or whatever context you’d like to bring-it’s totally up to you!
Session 2: Text and scene study. Work with a classic theatrical text and learn how to understand, approach, dissect and perform these plays with confidence and style.
Session 3: Camera technique and TV performance-Learn the basic ‘do’s’ and ‘don’t’s on camera whilst giving yourself the right tools to be confident and approach screen work with self belief and newly learnt techniques.
• Price: 245€
• Location: Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki
• Time: 18.10. - 1.11.2021 / Mondays 18:00 - 21:00
• Places are limited and will be filled on a 'first-come-first-serve' basis.
• The booking for all events and workshops is binding. You can cancel 30 days prior to the event and receive a 50% return of your payment or you can pass on your spot to another person without an extra fee.
• Teaching language is English (Please keep in mind that you do not need to have perfect English skills, and you do not need to worry about accent and pronunciation).
• All rights to changes reserved.
• You can find the event on Facebook here.
ABOUT ALLY MANSON
Ally is an actor and director from the UK and trained at East 15 Acting School on the BA (Hons) in Acting.
He is currently the Assistant Director of the NO1 UK Tour production of 'Dial M for Murder'. His other notable directing and assistant directing work has led him to work at theatres such as The Duke of York's in London's West End, Rose Theatre Kingston and Leicester Curve Theatre.
As an actor, some of his credits include: ‘EastEnders’ (BBC), ‘The Girl on the Train’ (West End/NO1 UK Tour), ‘Pride and Prejudice’ (Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre, Original Cast + NO1 UK Tour Cast), and ‘The English Game’ (Headlong).
He has taught at some of the most reputable drama schools in the UK, such as Guildford School of Acting and East 15 Acting School. Ally's main passion when teaching focuses on Stanislavsky technique, Meisner, audition technique, International collaborations and acting for camera.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Actors Academy Finland, Pursimiehenkatu 26H, Helsinki, Finland