About this Event
Little Sprouts Kitchen Garden Learning Program 2023
Cost (schools are invoiced post-visit)
- Standard cost: $7.50/child, minimum cost $150
- Discount for DfE Category of Disadvantage 1 to 4 sites: $5.50/child, minimum cost $110
Where: Adelaide Botanic Garden's Kitchen Garden
- We cater the program to suit all ages from ages 4 and above. (Kindergarten to Year 7)
- Suitable for class groups of 12 kids up to maximum 30.
- DfE, Independent, Catholic, and Home School groups are all welcome! OSHC and Vacation Care groups should check our What's On for our School Holiday bookings. We reserve the right to cancel bookings where learners are under the age of 4. Note: Little Sprouts is not appropriate for Play Groups.
When: 60 minute duration. Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays during Terms.
The Hands-On Program:
Welcome to the Little Sprouts Kitchen Garden Learning Program (Early Years and Primary STEM Program) at Adelaide Botanic Garden!
This program has been designed to align with National Australian Curriculum requirements. It provides groups of students from Pre-School to Lower Secondary with hands on experiences in an engaging outdoor learning environment led by our awesome botanic educator and volunteers. The Kitchen Garden will showcase the benefits of growing fresh, healthy produce instilling healthy habits from a young age.
Early Years and Primary Years:
Children will undertake activities that utilise play and exploration, exciting their natural sense of wonder and engaging all the senses. Learners will meet our friendly worms; learn about and plant their own seeds; and join us for a sensory wander, and plantings allowing, a harvest to take back with them!
Hands-On STEM for Primary Years and Lower Secondary:
Learners will test soil health in the kitchen garden, understanding pH, water and other requirements for a healthy garden; they will complete an audit for pollinators in the garden; and take a potted seed home!
To reserve a lesson for your class, please fill in the registration form. A staff member from the Botanic Gardens of South Australia will confirm arrangements following registration.
- This program has a cost, and sites are invoiced after their visit.
- Please note that maximum number of children per session is 30. Minimum group number is 12.
- The program is not suitable for Play Groups.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Adelaide Botanic Garden, North Terrace, Adelaide, Australia