About this Event
- Together we will demystify kombucha! You will leave equipped with the confidence and resources to continue creating your own kombucha at home
- Learn some history of ferments and the why, how, and what of a safe and successful ferment
- Reduce food waste by learning tips for using the fruit you have on hand for secondary flavouring/fermenting
- Take home your own SCOBY, kombucha, and re-usable brewing supplies!
Join us at the Food Stash warehouse for an in-person workshop facilitated by chef, Brad Hendrickson. Brad will teach you the foundations of kombucha, the importance of including fermented foods in your diet, and how to tell whether your ferment has been successful. You'll be guided through the hands-on brewing process, and leave with your kombucha starter as well as zero waste, reusable supplies to continue making batches at home! Everything required for the workshop will be provided- no need to bring anything.
All proceeds from ticket sales cover the cost of the event and go towards mission!
Reusable items included in ticket price:
- 1L mason jar
- Tea for brewing and fruit for secondary flavouring
- Your own SCOBY to take home
- Prizes and more!
Brad Hendrickson has been in the culinary industry for over 20 years and worked his way into fine dining at several prominent restaurants in New York. He returned to the west coast before making the move to Vancouver to work for Daniel Boloud's Lumiere. Brad developed a passion for fermented foods and started Biota Fermentation Inc. in 2015, producing small-batch, high quality ferments with a focus on local and organic ingredients.
Note: Please consider walking, rolling, cycling or public transit to get to this event. Please ring the doorbell upon arrival if someone is not already at the door to greet you. Depending on the weather, consider dressing warmly as the class will be in our warehouse space.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Food Stash Foundation, 290 East 1st Avenue, Vancouver, Canada