About this Event
Do you (or someone in your team or network):
- Find yourself firefighting and rarely having space to operate strategically?
- Care deeply about your work and the people who you serve? And wish to extend your influence even further?
- Have a desire to invest in your Professional Development?
The programme will give current and emerging leaders:
- Tools to create and sustain change in addiction and recovery services.
- New ways to work effectively within our changing sector and with other agencies in a complex, shifting system.
- Practices to increase our resilience as individuals and as teams.
Our approach is:
Light on academic theory and instead grounded in experiential learning that will deepen your skillset and give you practical ways to effect change in your work and with your teams.
We will create space to:
- Reflect on your values, role and leadership as they currently are and how you imagine them in the ideal situation
- Develop a network of supportive peers who may perform a combination of roles including (but not limited to) – critical friend, subject expert, rant-absorber(!).
The first day will be followed by an evening meal with your cohort and an ‘after-dinner’ speech. For those who choose to, there will be (optional…) morning yoga / exercise session.
We have a draft agenda that we have consulted widely on. However, we will be speaking with each participant and continuing to assess the current landscape to create a programme that reflects people’s needs.
- Welcome and Intros
- Values driven and authentic leadership
- Management and leadership
- Adressing the dilemmas of leadership
- Coaching as a core leadership skill
- Maintain our personal resilience as leaders
- Evening speakers
- The value of learning as a leadership practice
- Unleashing our creative potential as a system
- The complex world we live in
- Responding to complexity
- Shaping a stronger future together
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Bond St, Bristol BS1 3EN, Bond St, Bristol, United Kingdom