About this Event
We’re extremely excited to announce our ‘Ladies Who Lunch’ event: our Designer Label Swap Shop which we’ll be hosting as our Christmas Fundraiser this year! We’d love your help to promote a sustainable Christmas by inviting you to swap and re-gift your once- loved designer items. Sip on complementary prosecco and browse a selection of stands promoting sustainable products while swapping your items. This will be a great way to make sure your pre-loved gems go to a good home whilst not compromising on glamour and style. You'll also be supporting us to continue our work throughout 2022.
We’ll also be holding a raffle during the event with a selection of sustainable prizes up for grabs!
How will it work?
- Get your ticket on Eventbrite
- Bring a selection of your pre-loved clothes and accessories.
- We'll assess the pieces to make sure they're clean, in good condition and suitable for the event.
- We’ll give you a ticket for each of the pieces you’ve brought in. Designer Label goods and High Street Fashion will have different tickets to ensure everyone swaps like for like.
- Grab a glass of prosecco and use your credits to acquire other items.
3pm - 4pm: Whilst you’re sipping your prosecco and shooting the breeze about the exciting items you’ll be taking home with you, we’ll arrange all of the items and set up the rails for you.
4pm: Swapping begins!
5pm: Raffle time.
Swap Shop Etiquette
- All clothes, shoes and accessories must be in a clean, presentable condition. Items in poor condition will not be accepted
- We recommend bringing a minimum of 3 pieces and a max of 10 pieces to swap.
- We encourage you to swap designer labels only and to swap like for like. Should you bring high street fashion items to the swap shop, these may only be swapped for similar high street fashion items and not designer label goods.
- Please do not leave any unwanted/ not swapped items behind. Any items left behind will be donated to charity.
*We’ll provide a Flossie and The Beach Cleaners tote bag for your new items.
- All attendees are asked to wear masks on entering the venue
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and we ask all attendees to use it upon entering and exiting.
- We will ensure surfaces are cleaned throughout the event.
About Flossie and The Beach Cleaners
Flossie and the Beach Cleaners is a registered marine environmental charity and an ever-growing group of marine enthusiasts. We are passionate about saving our seas and sea creatures from the ravages of plastic pollution. Unfortunately, one of the regular findings on our beach cleans is abandoned and washed-up clothing and we want to slow the tide of this waste. In Ireland, we send 63,000 tonnes of textiles to landfill per year, and almost half of what we donate to charity shops and clothes banks enters the global textile trade, with often devastating consequences for the countries they’re offloaded on. Visit our website here: https://www.flossieandthebeachcleaners.com
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
TASC, 28 Merrion Square North, Dublin 2, Ireland