AP Hinds Reserve, Bayswater. (End of Milne St)
Kayakers, families, walkers and walkers with dogs are all very much needed where stand up paddlers can’t access. We will need volunteers to assist with rubbish sorting so please get in touch if you can help.
Discounted Paddle board hire for experienced paddlers will be available. Boards will be equipped with bags, gloves and other implements to assist with rubbish collection.
These events are rewarding, educational and enjoyable. We’d love you to take part, meet some like minded people and have some fun along the way. The outcome is always an eyeopener, you’ll be amazed at the amount of litter we retrieve at each event and once seen – you can never unsee!
Sunday 25 July 2021. 8.00 am – 11.00 am
8.00 – 11.00 am
Meet at AP Hinds Reserve, Bayswater 8.00 am sharp (Garratt Rd Bridge end) for a briefing of the morning. We will explain the target areas and what to do with the rubbish you have collected. Look out for the SUP Tonic flag.
• Free sausage sizzle & soft drink for
all volunteers from 10.30 am
• BYO gloves and long tongs. Gloves
available on the day if required.
• Rubbish bags will be provided
• Volunteers required for rubbish
sorting. Please get in touch if you
• Hot spots include under bridges,
café locations, sports and recreation
buildings, fishing spots,
playgrounds, ablution blocks, along
fences, carparks etc. All rubbish in
these areas near river foreshores
have the potential to end up in the
rivers and estuaries.
• Please indicate your intention to
participate so we have an idea of
numbers to cater for on the day.
• Wear something high Vis please
• Paddlers wear booties for your feet
if tramping through vegetation/
river banks etc.
• Buddy up if you are a beginner
paddler. Working in pairs can make
it easier to pick up rubbish from
hard to get places.
• Wear gloves
• Be mindful of sharp objects
• Paddle on the Starboard side (land
closest to your right side)
• Remain on your knees in the
shallows. Don’t over reach and
compromise your balance
• Be aware of other watercraft and
• Wear sun protection
• Walkers please wear solid footwear
• Take phone in water proof bag in
the event of an emergency.
• The event will be cancelled if not
safe due to extreme weather
conditions but not if light rain is
• This is a social community event.
Your safety is your responsibility so
please be mindful
Here’s what we’d LOVE you to do on
• Hook up with a buddy and work
together. Sometimes retrieving
rubbish can be tricky and the
company is fun!
• Check in to the events page and
post a photo of the rubbish you
have collected. We want to create as
much awareness as possible.
• Take your time, some areas may
have more rubbish than others so
don’t feel you have to rush to cover
distance. Only do what you feel
• Check the edges of the river bank
and beaches which means you may
have to step onto land or paddle
close to the shore. Rubbish will
• Look for the small things like fish
hooks, bottle tops etc. If you find a
penny pick it up….
• If you come across fishing line that
is too tangled to release, take a
photo and note the location so it
can reported to the relevant
• Bring your rubbish back so we can
sort into piles for logging, recycling
• Stay around afterwards for a social
gathering from 12.00 pm and free
Thanks for caring for our precious river and wildlife!
SUP Tonic Team
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Hinds Reserve, Perth, WA, Australia 6053, Perth, Australia