About this Event
It is a condition of application that you understand and agree to all the conditions and contents of the .
Applications will take place over two periods on a first-come first-served basis:
1. Regular application period: July 20 (Tue) 9am AEST to August 25 (Wed) 5pm AEST.
– The number of spaces (per level, per venue) will be limited.
– Applications will only be accepted from those residing in the same state as the Test venue.
– Applications from interstate will be cancelled (the $85 or $95 Test fee will be refunded). Interstate applicants should instead wait and see if they will be allowed to apply in the “Additional application period”.
– Cancellation and refund of the Test fee is permitted only if a request is received by the close of this period.
2. Additional application period: August 30 (Mon) 9am AEST to September 1 (Wed) 5pm AEST
– Applicants may be located in any state and apply to any Test location.
– Applications from the same state will still be accepted.
– First-come first-served basis.
– No cancellation, refund or change of Test level / location will be allowed
Test date: December 5 (Sun), 2021
Test Voucher: Sent by EMAIL approximately 1 month before the Test. If you have not received your voucher by November 11 (Thu), please contact ([email protected]).
Test time: Assembly time will be printed on the Test Voucher. Assembly times vary per Test site. During the application period an indicative (tentative) time will be published. Test duration varies per Test Level and due to breaks.
Test location: Assembly location will be printed on the Test Voucher. A general location will be published during the application period. For details, please contact the appropriate Host Institution.
- Do not register for more than one level or city – Tests are concurrent. It is not physically possible to attend more than one Test.
- Test fees are not refundable, deferrable or transferable once the regular application deadline has passed.
- You cannot change your Test site and/or Test level once the regular application deadline has passed.
- Your bank or credit card issuer may levy an additional fee on this transaction.
- Parents and guardians with multiple children taking the test must ensure each child is registered separately.
- Ensure you check your email including spam/junk folders for JLPT communications.
Special Testing Accommodations (STA)
Applicants with an impairment or disability may request STA. Registration and payment for the JLPT must be completed first. There is a specific question on the application form regarding STA and affected applicants should select “Yes, I need STA…” as the answer. After application is complete, additional STA forms and related medical documents must then be submitted to The Japan Foundation, Sydney ([email protected]).
STA submission deadline:
For the applicants who registered JLPT during the regular application period (July 20, 2021-August 25, 2021), please submit ALL of your STA documents by 5pm (AEST) Aug 25, 2021.
For the applicants who registered JLPT during the additional application period (August 30, 2021-Septemper 1, 2021), please submit ALL of your STA documents by 5pm (AEST) Sep 1, 2021.
The additional STA forms are available from:
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
The University of South Australia, University of SA, Adelaide, Australia
AUD 85.00 to AUD 95.00