About this Event
JENN CHAMPION: www.jennchampion.com
Jenn Champion carved her place onto burned c.d.’s as a founding member of gloom-core icons Carissa’s Weird. Soon after under the moniker “S” she used counterpoint guitars and four-track layered vocals to provide us all with a soundtrack for our coming of age depression. Her 2014 Cool Choices was a prescription for those suffering with heartbreak, while the 2018 follow up Single Rider was queer-pop for those of us who needed a little bit of dance with our crying. Yes, sad has always been the easiest way to describe her music but it wasn’t until Champion started sharing the 2023 album The Last Night of Sadness with friends that one asked, “Are you okay?” The album’s synth-wrapped grief answers back, are any of us?
@ Fremont Abbey Arts Center6p doors, 7p show
All ages, some seating available, bar w/IDABBEY ARTS EVENT INFO:
- Fremont Abbey is ADA accessible on either level.
- For most events we have a mix of padded chairs and standing room.
- Seating is not guaranteed or reserved unless noted.
- To respect the performing artists and your fellow attendees, please refrain from talking during the performances
- Please limit photos during the show so as to not distract other attendees from the experience.
- Phone video may be permitted for some shows, from the standing area only please.
- No professional cameras or cameras with shutters allowed in the venue
- We are an all ages venue. Kids 10 & under are free at Abbey Arts concerts & arts events unless noted.
- Equity & Inclusion - Entering the venue indicates agreement to adhere to the Abbey Respect Policy. www.fremontabbey.org/respect
- Service animals as defined by the ADA are allowed. Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
ABBEY ARTS, SEATTLE | NONPROFIT 501C3, NON-RELIGIOUS, EST. 2005
Presenting welcoming music, arts & cultural experiences for people of all ages & incomes.
- Rental info & more: fremontabbey.org/rent
- Concert & events calendar: fremontabbey.org/calendar
- Volunteer opportunities are available for most shows (include free entry) www.fremontabbey.org/volunteer
- Arts Connect provides free tickets for nonprofit workers, low income families, and veterans. fremontabbey.org/artsconnect
Home Venue: Fremont Abbey, 4272 Fremont Ave North, Seattle, WA 98103 / 206-414-8325 Ballard Homestead: 6541 Jones Ave NW, Seattle | + South Park Hall, Woodlawn Hall (Greenlake), UHeights Auditorium (UDistrict), St Mark's Cathedral (Capitol Hill), & more
Note: All ticket sales are final unless noted. Lineup and performers are subject to change, no refunds for change of support acts.
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Fremont Abbey Arts Center, 4272 Fremont Ave N, Seattle, United States
USD 5.00 to USD 400.00