About this Event
**PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE DUE TO CHANGING COVID-19 REQUIREMENTS**
From Jürgen Krauss, called “possibly the best-loved contestant in Great British Baking Show history," comes a celebration of German home baking. Make classic German pastries, from apple strudel and stolen to show stopping celebration desserts such as Black Forest cake and “Blushing Maid.” It’s sehr gut!
Join as they welcome author in conversation with on Tuesday, October 10 at 6:30PM!
**Even if you are vaccinated, masks are strongly recommended.**
To make this event safe and enjoyable for all attendees, please read the below guidelines ahead of buying a ticket, so you know what to expect on the day. To avoid disappointment, we must stress that there will be no access to the event for non-ticketholders.
- Barnes & Noble reserves the right to make new rules and orders in its sole discretion with regard to COVID-19 at any time and any person not abiding by the Barnes & Noble directives will be refused entrance or directed to leave the premises.
**Book Admission Ticket - $38.11: **LIMITED QUANTITY AVAILABLE**:
- A ticket PER PERSON includes:
- One copy of .
- Admission to the event space and signing line with and .
**There are SEATED and STANDING tickets available. Purchase of a ticket guarantees entrance to the event for the discussion and signing. SEATED tickets are limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, this ticket may not necessarily guarantee a seat at the event, as later arrivals may be placed in a line behind the seated audience. STANDING ticket holders (and late “seated” arrivals) will be granted a standing view from behind the seated audience -- some views may be more limited/obstructed than others.GUIDELINES
- Jürgen will personalize (name only) each book.
- Pre-signed copies of Michelle's book, , will be available for purchase at Barnes & Noble - Tribeca. She will not pose for photos.
- Ticket holders will be admitted into the event beginning at 6 PM the day of the event. Please have a copy of your ticket available (either printed out or on your phone) for check in.
- Some outside queuing may be required, so please do come dressed appropriately for all weather.
- Please arrive by 6:30 PM in order to secure your space at event. Late arrivals may only have access to standing room and may not have the opportunity to enter the event space.
- No large bags will be permitted into the event.
- Masks are strongly recommended even if you are vaccinated.
- The exact time at which the event ends will be determined on the day. To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to arrive on time for the event. Late arrivals may not have the opportunity to meet the author.
- All event guidelines are subject to change.
- If you have any additional questions, please can call the store directly at: 212-587-5389.
- Barnes & Noble may cancel this event at any time with or without notice to the ticket holders.
- In order to attend this event, ticket holders should:
- Have not had any contact in the last 14 days with a confirmed COVID-19 patient.
- Not be subject to a quarantine order.
- Not traveled in the past 14 days to any state or country that New York has designated as an area requiring isolation upon returning to the state.
- At the time of the event, have not experienced in the last 72 hours any body temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit or any new symptoms associated with COVID-19. People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19: fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; and/or diarrhea.
Please note that Eventbrite is the only authorized dealer for this event. Each person must have a ticket to enter.REFUNDS
Attendees can receive refunds up to 1 day (24 hours) before your event start TIME.
If you are unable to attend the event, Barnes & Noble - Tribeca will hold your books for seven days after the event. Please contact the store to arrange your pickup.
Should this event be canceled due to changing COVID-19 concerns, all customers will be refunded their ticket price to the original method of payment per Eventbrite's refund policy.
Event guidelines are subject to change.
The German Baking Book is a celebration of German home baking from Jurgen Krauss, who won the hearts of viewers and three Star Baker honors from the judges of The Great British Baking Show. A self-taught baker, Jürgen has drawn on the flavors, techniques, and memories from his childhood, his European travels, and his wife’s Jewish heritage, to create a collection of authentic German baking recipes from his home to yours.
Jürgen’s gentle charm can be felt with each delightful recipe. From German classics such as Black Forest gateau, and coffee cake, to festive bakes including lebkuchen and gingerbread, each of Jürgen’s delicious recipes are crafted with care and simplicity.
The German Baking Book is a must-have for fans of The Great British Baking Show and home bakers with a love for classic and festive German baking.
About Jürgen Krauss:
JÜRGEN KRAUSS is a former Database Administrator turned professional baker, and a former contestant of The Great British Baking Show. His love for baking began during his childhood in the Black Forest. His travels across Europe widened his culinary influences and instilled in him the desire to master German bread-making, the perfect showcase for his technical precision and creative flavors.
About Michelle Zauner:
MICHELLE ZAUNER is best known as a singer and guitarist who creates dreamy, shoegaze-inspired indie pop under the name Japanese Breakfast. She has won acclaim from major music outlets around the world for releases like Psychopomp (2016) and Soft Sounds from Another Planet (2017).
Event Venue & Nearby Stays
Barnes & Noble, 97 Warren Street, New York, United States